Possible keys to link taking long time to appear

I have had this issue for a while, and while it doesn't affect me very often it does happen often enough that I think it might be a bug.

When i m setting up for multiple links being thrown from a single portal the possible links will pop up to a certain point and then start to take an exorbitant amount of time for the next ones to load. I just sat at a portal waiting for a key to load that I know was clear for 2 and 1/2 minutes. This happens in areas that have great cell coverage. I am sitting and waiting at a portal and when I hit the link button I will get many keys to load up quickly and then it seems to hit a wall somewhere and it takes two to three minutes for the next one to load. And if there's any more beyond that one it takes another two to three minutes for that one to load

7 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

As of a month ago, a closely related issue is that there is no indication that the scanner is still in the process of determining available links. If you're making a fielding plan on-the-go or using the availability/non-availability of links to quickly get a feel for the gameboard, this behavior makes it difficult to know how much trust to put in the list.

For example, I might initially see only two available links:

Some "significant" amount of time later, I'll see additional options appear:

• That's what I am experiencing as well

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you keep all your keys available in your inventory (rather than capsules), or do you just have the keys you need for linking?

I find it a lot quicker in the latter scenario, in the former it checks every key's capability to make a link which can take a very long time if you have a lot of keys open.

• Usually less than 50 an most of the keys I have are to the same portals. So probably 30 or so diffrent ones. It's always the same spot (distance) about 7kms the ones past that start to go slow. Anything else pops up immediately. Next time I go do it I'll try and remember to take screen shots or screen record.