2.60.2 - Low FPS on the main map screen while having an active mission

InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in Report a Bug

When playing the game normaly, on the normal map view, the FPS is dropping significantly, I think to about 15 FPS. This only concerns the main map view though, as soon as any other part of the app is opened (store, inventory, even the attack carousel), the framerate stabilizes again. Video attached.

Happening on Oneplus 8 Pro, OxygenOS v.11 beta, 2.60.2 Ingress version

EDIT: Apparently this only happens when you have a mission active in the background! Once you abandon the mission, the FPS stabilizes and returns completely.

Post edited by NianticVK on
Tagged:
17 votes

Resolved · Last Updated

This issue should be resolved in 2.61.3.

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Using my bug report to piggyback a question for @NianticCasey, you mentioned using tags in the "How to report a bug" post ("Tags will help further sort and filter reports for us and other players browsing the bug report section"). However, I believe that normal users can't create or use new tags, but only those that were used by Niantic staff in the past. Not sure if that is intentional, maybe it's worth a bug report on its own ;)

• MatiasM20MatiasM20 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Having the same issue with 2.60.2

Update: yes i tested it and only when a mission is active the FPS goes extremely down.

Post edited by MatiasM20 on
  • Thanks for the heads up. We can reproduce this, and we're investigating.

• I have the same Issues but something stronger. When i Walk some Mission Points, after 3 or 4 Mission Points my App Freeze and i have to restart my device on a Hard Way.

• En 8 de diciembre al jugar misiones el juego se cerraba cada 5 minutos tanto para mí como mí compañero los dos tuvimos problemas de lentitud en el prime como también que el juego se cierra o se bloquea.

• Now with this forced update doing missions is IMPOSSIBLE.

I was doing a mission banner...

@NianticBrian need a fix for this sooner than later.

• just to add into this, here is some data. i think whats happening, is that the scanner is trying to pull the image from the web, cannot, and just repeats trying until the memory / cache fills and eventually grinds to a halt and freezes the phone.

The following is the most stable i can get it, reboot phone, at home, on wifi, nothing else loaded, idling and everything running normally

[FMOD] Please add an 'FMOD Studio Listener' component to your a camera in the scene for correct 3D positioning of sounds.

Parent of RectTransform is being set with parent property. Consider using the SetParent method instead, with the worldPositionStays argument set to false. This will retain local orientation and scale rather than world orientation and scale, which can prevent common UI scaling issues.

Parent of RectTransform is being set with parent property. Consider using the SetParent method instead, with the worldPositionStays argument set to false. This will retain local orientation and scale rather than world orientation and scale, which can prevent common UI scaling issues.

Parent of RectTransform is being set with parent property. Consider using the SetParent method instead, with the worldPositionStays argument set to false. This will retain local orientation and scale rather than world orientation and scale, which can prevent common UI scaling issues.[/quote]

and just repeats.

The following is as soon as you start any mission, same scenario, at home, wifi etc.

[FMOD] Please add an 'FMOD Studio Listener' component to your a camera in the scene for correct 3D positioning of sounds.

[repeated]

Plugin Error - RPC-298 NoRetriesError

SettingService received no response

[repeated]

portal image error < Cancelled > for poi id < ea0a7ae57e574563ac50c47183a16198.16 >

portal image error < Cancelled > for poi id < ea0a7ae57e574563ac50c47183a16198.16 >

[repeated]

on screen the image for the first checkpoint is showing the 3 dot image when it cant load the image

reposted in here

• Have the same issue on OnePlus 8T 😕

Why force update with such terrible bug?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully the issue fixed will work with and without, being on a mission.

• MatiasM20MatiasM20 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
  • Updated at 2.61.2 version: Still reporting a significantly FPS drop on the map view while a mission is active. Morover the mission portal image is not loaded in any way (attached photo).

Testing on POCOPHONE F1 - Android 10 - MIUI 12.0.2

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

I did 18 piece banner today, yes i noticed more lag then usual on my samsung s10+. it was possible finish the banner but yes annoying when it lags more then needed, and restart etc didnt help at all. Nice if this can be fixed in next version as doing banners is something i enjoy.

• If you have an active mission running, ending the mission currently in-progress is a temporary workaround until we release the next Ingress update, which should resolve this issue.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

This has been fixed with v 2.61.3, currently rolling out :D

• Great, fixed in 2.61.3 👍

Thanks

• you legends!

this is fixed, the glitchyness has disappeared and the images load correctly.

thanks

This discussion has been closed.