Comments

• Моё мнение по поводу этого нововведения можно выразить тремя словами: ЛУЧШЕ УНИКИ ПОДСВЕТИТЕ!

• M42M42 ✭✭✭

I think this is a great development NianticBrian, I'm so sick of seeing out of place portals that have been moved out of place by someone to either get another stop or gym or so they don't have to get out of their car to hack them. Or portals that are out of place and preventing new portals from being accepted because they are too close to an out of place portal. But for some reason every time I tried to get them moved back to their correct locations I'd get denied.

I was so hoping portal scans would be used to verify locations of miss placed portals. I really like scanning and are rapt to see it is now genuinely being used to improve the whole Wayspot network for All your games (not just Ingress)

Please keep going with Scout development, don't let the negative comments from those that don't like scanning hold you back in anyway whatsoever.

• I have scanned any portal in my small town to get the scout. Then you released the scout controller with this unbelievable figure to get to black. So I decided to continue the scout by not touching any level of the controller. I have simple scanned on my round the 49 portals again and again.

Now with this change I have no clue to get the scout without the controller. As nothing else is possible on short term to gain any further Badge, I will consider to stop playing

• Pokestop and gym scanning is available in pokémon go and a task for completing objectives. Its not just in ingress.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Here's the thing, if you only scan volatile portals, those are the number of scans it will require now. So, in theory, they did lower the numbers...

edit: and I say this as someone who agrees with everything posted above and is being slightly sarcastic

Post edited by ZeroHecksGiven on
  • oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct, but even the PoGo players see it as a complete waste of time and don't do it lol

Theoretically, yes. However due to the distribution of the VSCP's are you going to skip every other portal in a cluster and just focus on the VSCP's? What would be more efficient for your time.

Portal scanning for me takes about 5 minutes per portal, including travelling time (driving or walking). It's not just a short 15 second thing, it eats up entire days (or weeks now that the limit is a stupid 400 per week)

• edited December 2020

Except that far less than one third of the portals are marked with those higher values, so you have to go further and wider to find enough of them anyway.

"One tenth of my accessible portals provide 3 times the benefit" does not translate to "Requirements lowered by a third"

• The markers are where higher values are awarded. They are not "Portals you have not scanned". Working as intended. Design flawed.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't disagree with you, at all. I quit scanning a couple months ago after getting the silver medal for Scout Controller and really have no reason to take it back up. In my opinion, there isn't enough incentive to warrant the time/effort required. Adding this multiplier is an interesting effort by Niantic. For me, until I know exactly how this will look and work in Ingress, I'm not spending anymore time with scanning, even if the tiers were fixed.

• NaruwasherNaruwasher ✭✭✭✭✭

I am aware and that is not what I am saying. What I am saying is even after you scan the said volatile portal, the marker stays on it. The design is flawed if the marker is supposed to stay even after the portal has been scanned.

• Provided that you only need one scan to scout control the portal. If you need to spend three scans or more on the volatile portal to control it, you might as well just scan 3 regular portals.

• edited December 2020

Yes. But it's working as intended.

If they were going to implement uniqueness, they'd have done it when they introduced Scout Controller in the first place.

But your question was "Is this a bug?" and the answer is "No".