2.60.2 Wayspot Scanning when doing Nominations

GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Device: Galaxy S9+

Steps

- Open settings and ensure the Enable Portal Scanning checkbox is checked for portal Nominations

- Nominatie a new wayspot

- No option is given to Scan nominated Wayspot at the time of the Nomination

2 votes

Intended - Not a Bug · Last Updated

Comments

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Why it should be given at the first place? Or that is a suggestion?

• I don’t think it makes sense to be able to scan a nomination that hasn’t been accepted yet.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic included the feature that when a wayspot is nominated, you can scan the wayspot at the time of nomination.

Giving the wayspot nominator the Scout Controller point for unique scans, when the nomination is approved.

I do no know if it was in 2.59.2 or just introduced.

This isn't a suggestion, but a bug report for the feature which is not working.

Giving to the fact during First Saturday's I have begun to scan wayspots as I do missions, assuming that I can find said wayspot. And also nominate new wayspots. For this niche edge case, it would be handy to scan the wayspot at the time of nominating it.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

This is marked as not a bug, when it is clearly a bug

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Wow never knew scanning nominations was a thing, sounds impressive tho....

Wonder why it never made it release notes....

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Why so many disagreements?? There is a tick box in settings that appears to do nothing.... :(

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

If you uncheck that tick box, portal scanning is disabled completely. It’s not a bug because the section was deliberately named Portal Nominations, I’m guessing because you’re nominating the scans for the portal? Not sure exactly why.

The tick box isn’t for the ability to scan nominations, it’s how you opt-in or opt-out for using portal scanning altogether.

This discussion has been closed.