New Onsite Anomaly Registration Process

edited June 2019 in Anomalies

Agents,

We’d like to inform you of some changes to the onsite Anomaly medal process to reduce the potential for errors and to make things easier for players.

Registration via our event system is still required. However, we will be double checking that the Agent name and email address you register with matches what we have in our system. If your Agent name cannot be found (mostly likely due to a typo), we will send you an email to notify you.

In addition, for the onsite Anomaly medal only, Agents will no longer be required to have their registration ticket scanned or to hack a single registration portal. To be considered eligible for an onsite Anomaly medal, you will be required to register for an Anomaly Medal ticket and perform at least thirteen (13) successful hacks of Anomaly Portals during the three-hour Anomaly competition. The times for each Anomaly can be found at https://ingress.com/events.

This is a transitional solution as we continue to develop a more integrated ticketing experience. In the future, we will move to an authenticated registration flow, where you can register for events directly from the Ingress Prime scanner. In the meantime, we hope that this process will be easier and more reliable for everyone.

— The Ingress Team

Post edited by NianticMac on
Tagged:

Comments

• "If" there is an error or an Angent forgets to sign-up could we do it on site? A few people where unable to get there NL 1331 badges at the last anomaly and where told there was nothing that could be done about it.

• Can't you simply make a registration form with the same authorization you use for intel? I mean you have all the data you need right there in your own database.

• No need for a registration table checkin is a good change for travellers!

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

Glad to see new changes. Hope they work out!

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent move.

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

This is the best and my favorite and thank you on behalf of all future POCs.

• RedSoloCupRedSoloCup ✭✭✭✭✭

The goal is to develop an in-app streamlined process. So no form needed once that is live.

• Thx for open the Anomaly Badge for all Spoofers.

• P2063P2063 ✭✭✭

So this means if you throw serious time and money on making an Stealth Ops event happen but don't play the anomaly, you get nothing. But someone sitting in a remote recharge room, having minimal costs and effort and maybe doesn't even contribute anything besides writing his name on a list still does?

• BlaumutBlaumut ✭✭✭✭

Related with 13 magnus but yeah, it could be a random number.

• P2063P2063 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I can't do 13 hacks during measurements when driving home after stealth to save hotel costs.

Anyway, I don't care any more after redacted will be shut down. Just want to raise awareness that it's possible to contribute more than a recharger but get less rewards in game.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you read the above? There will be additional checking to weed out spoofers.

• katracho37katracho37 ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Deberían ser las insignias solo a los agente de terreno, ellos son los que gastan dinero en viaje tiempo, en cambio a los RR sentados sin hacer nada la obtienen insignia.

Los Intel deberían dedicarse a jugar en terreno, y se vería si realmente están involucrado o solo quieren ser Intel por la insignia y seguir sentado

• nyxrnyxr ✭✭✭

Money saving move from NIA. They won't have to rent a huge space any more, which was the trend when running fewer sites per series. Might lead to money saving for me too, if i decide to fly in Saturday morning rather than early to get the regs done.

• I worry about the section pasted below my question.

Some users started out with a hotmail or other mail account, which they were since forced to change. This caused us massive problems when accessing Prime and took a long time to fix.

Should we prepare to similarly be notified that Agent mail and name don’t match?

“However, we will be double checking that the Agent name and email address you register with matches what we have in our system.”