2.60.2 Unable to recharge a portal via the Drone

GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Device: Galaxy S9+

- When moving a Drone to a portal, that needs to be Recharged.

- The recharge button is grayed out, even though you have enough XM to recharge

- Portal is within range for recharge

- Portal key is available

To recharge that portal, you have to leave drone view and go into your keys to find that portal to recharge

2 votes

Intended - Not a Bug · Last Updated

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

I mean, that's kinda intended, I'd say. You're viewing the portal not through the normal remote view, but via "Drone cam". As the drone cannot recharge, the option for it is never enabled, even though you could recharge via a key.

What would be a better solution is to just not show the Recharge button at all.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I know.

Bit of a long shot

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

Should it really matter how I got to viewing a portal's details? If I have a key for it, I should be able to recharge it. After all, I can tap on a portal in my Alerts list and recharge it. Same for a portal in my immediate view but not within 40m of my location. Making me back out of drone view and go through a portal key in my inventory is tedium without purpose.

• Nothing to fix, recharge as always, not with the dron...

There are real bugs to report, not this.

• In Dronenet, when I choose the portal where the drone is currently deployed, I'm unable to remotely recharge it when I have its corresponding Key on the Inventory, the Scanner just says "Invalid drone action"

However if I chose any other portal in Drone Footage mode which I have its Key, I can remotely recharge it just fine.

It's just a minor annoyance, but I think this needs to be fixed somehow

• AtunatunakAtunatunak ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Perhaps you want to add your insight to that other thread, since it seems odd that you can recharge the other ones but not the one the drone is on.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

I agree that it should be allowed to charge portals from Dronenet screen when you have a key. Otherwise I'd like to see a justification why is this disabled "by design", since I think it's an annoyance. Why should I go to a portal through my inventory to charge it, if it's right there under my drone?

• Technically, if you have a key, this should be allowable, because you have the capability to recharge.

This discussion has been closed.