RTL languages support is broken

Support for bidirectional (BiDi) text that includes Right-to-Left (RTL) languages such as Hebrew, Arabic, and Persian is broken since first version of Prime (worked great on old scanner)

All texts in RTL languages appears reverse.

Tagged:
31 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

Comments

• Can confirm. FWIW, this also occurs when submitting new wayspots in Pokemon Go, although the text does appear in the right direction in existing wayspots in that game.

• Prime still feels like beta with this rtl bug.

I miss the redacted/ orig

• Thanks for flagging this @Jepakazol  Please provide your device model, OS, and the app versions to help us investigate this issue.  

• It occurs on every device running prime. I'm using OnePlus 5T with OxygenOS 10.0.1.

See the image:

Portal name and description are:

לואש ןג

יקסבוחינרשט לואש ש"ע

Needs to be rotated:

גן שאול

ע"ש שאול טשרניחובסקי

It happens also in linking, in keys inventory and in any other area of the scanner with portal names.

• JepakazolJepakazol ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

To explain the problem:

This is how you read English on Prime if English was a RTL Language: ishT si woh uoy daer hsilngE no emirP fi hsilgnE saw a LTR egaugnaL

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
  • mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Same in swedish language.

• DestroyerTJDestroyerTJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Я уже создал такую тему неделю назад. Ищи в общем списке.

• Hi Niantic, can we please have RTL again please?

.siht ekil daer ot gniyonna yrev si tI

• .seman 'slatrop daer ot gniyrt elihw seitluciffid ruo sdnatsrednu lliw enoemos litnu siht ekil gnitsop peek tsum ew sseug I

• Oh, Niantic, why don't you fix this annoying bug?

Don't you want more players around the world? Aren't we important enough to get some developer time to google some Right-To-Left solutions?

• Why this is still a thing? :'(

• Bumping because it's still not fixed. Every RTL text appears reversed. Includes portal info and chat. It's difficult to socialize or read portal names when everything is backwards.