Ingress 2.60.2 Release Notes

What’s New

• Added News Feed to COMM, a stream of the latest updates from the Ingress Team and Niantic Project researchers.

• Added a SCAN PORTAL button to Portal Details for faster access to Portal Scanning, and updated the upload confirmation dialog to a toast to further reduce the number of taps required to dismiss Portal Scanning confirmation screens.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed: Glyph Hack “Bonus items:” window flashes then closes.

• Fixed: Black Links display on some 32-bit phones.

• Fixed: Kinetic Capsule sometimes displays 8.0/8km when Agents are actually at 7.9km walked.

• Fixed: Android Back button doesn’t skip item animation in the Store.

Comments

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

Some solid fixes. Thanks for continuing to post this, and fix the bugs that you do. Every little thing makes it better. I hope for bigger fixes, but understand it takes time.

• And remove the failed scans portal ?

• edited November 2020

• Added News Feed to COMM, a stream of the latest updates from the Ingress Team and Niantic Project researchers.

Nothing about separating Intel into the same COMM channels?

• Activity (not including alerts or chat)
    • Alerts
    • Faction Chat
    • Cross-Faction Chat

Fixed: Kinetic Capsule sometimes displays 8.0/8km when Agents are actually at 7.9km walked.

This I'm thankful for, but will it actually track 8.0kms, instead of 9.1-9.4kms before ticking over?

• Yay no more black links/extreme 3D fields! Thanks ❤ it's been a rough few weeks of colourless scanner

• Thanks!!!

Cause I agree with you, @NianticBrian !! And I know everything!!!!😁

And soon, a new update version of Ingress Prime must be "Ingress 3.0", which is now in development as near into the future!!!!

• And soon, a new update version of Ingress Prime must be "Ingress 3.0", which is now in development as near into the future!!!!

Yeah, because the move from 1.0 to 2.0 created such an improvement!

/s

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

No fix for the missing scanner XM Pulse sweep audio and visual effect?

Post edited by Grogyan on
  • I am not sure if it was before of after this releae, I am unable to log into the game. I get an error stating that Ingress cannot open with my device configuration. I have not added any special tools or changed anything since I last used the app day before yesterday. Some of my portals are going down and I cannot do anything because of this error.

I am using a OnePlus 6 device.

Other Niantic games are running as expected, only Ingress is giving this error.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I want a tab to show my log of previous hack outputs like pokémon go have (even better if came with a checkbox to disable the popups).

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we please have an update whether subscriptions will be enabled in this release?

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Why avatar pulse is missing for second patch in a row? Is this by design?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder when we can get a seperate comm tab for our own AP actions to keep track of? that would be nice to have.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Should've also mentioned contrast tweaks to inventory items! :Ъ

How about we now start ditching low-contrast "purple on pink on blue on black on grey" color scheme so the other UI elements get visible as well? That one below is a step in the right direction!

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

The new "scan portal" button is still present even though I have portal scanning disabled in settings. :/

• a big update is coming !!

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Brian,

However, the XM pulse sweep is essential to the lore and ongoing story of Ingress, where it is referred to as a Scanner.

Without this scanning effect the game app itself can no longer be called a scanner, due to the removal of the animation and audio effect.

So far I have seen no appreciable difference with this being removed.

Especially considering that my Galaxy S9+ is considered obsolete in the tech world, but I bought the device before Prime was initially released. It is capable of 60FPS, but is throttled to 30 FPS which is where I see the problems of screen refreshing become apparent, especially during glyphing.

Please bring back the XM pulse sweep effect back.

And if you can please add to the game settings a setting for

- Enabling 60FPS

- Enabling a filter for color blind people

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

This, I believe, is intentional, just like how it still shows the scan button in the portal contributions screen. If your phone is incompatible with ARCore though, it is hidden.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

New glitch with text buttons on top.

• If the pulse comes back, please reduce the contrast, so that people no longer get headaches from it, and also remove the attached sound so that when you're not using your scanner it's not a giant noise machine in your headphones, or move that sound to background so the 'immersion' is on demand only.

It's disappointing that the justification for removing what has been visually one of the things that drove many old players away from Prime, was only removed for 'performance' not User Experience.

But now that it's gone, we gain the advantages of an actual silent client, and people not getting headaches at night by a constant bright flashing light interfering with driving, and generating headaches.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I find turning down the screen brightness has helped me a lot in this area with eye strain, some get headaches. Which has the added effect of also increasing battery life.

@NianticBrian this is due to Samsung made displays which over saturates colours, which is evident in 2.60.2

Lighting up the hues would help to reduce eye strain from the colour over saturation.

Those wanting a silent experience already have the option to reduce or remove sound effects via the settings menu. I myself, not only like the sound effects, but also need them for immersion and feedback.

• ¿Cuando estará lista la actualización 2.60.2? 🤔

• edited December 2020

Those wanting a silent experience already have the option to reduce or remove sound effects via the settings menu. I myself, not only like the sound effects, but also need them for immersion and feedback.

This would be accurate if the background noises were all on background. The only way to reduce noise clutter is to turn it off completely which isn't a solution, it's a broken state.

If you want immersion, turn background up. If you don't, you shouldn't be forced to listen to it, or turn all sound off completely. There are already too many background noises on the Effects channel, such as Jarvis screaming at you while you're doing a 5 glyph sequence.

Effects should be for active sounds. Button pushes, firing bursters, deploying resonators, etc.

Random sounds that are purely there because of what screen you have open, are background. Ingress needs to change them as such instead of cramming everything into Effects.

And for reference, the sonar sweep from Redacted only existed on the Background channel, so it would be parity.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I do like the addition of News in the Comm area. Certainly makes it it easier to keep up with news and story updates

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

So black links for 32bit are fixed (ccan confirm that) but again arm64-v8a release is in store but armeabi-v7a release which as I see means 32bit one still un-pushed. I dream about direct server download link ,because this fix is really needed :)

Also i'd like to say huge thanks about visual,seems to be 2.60 is more contrast or smth.

And about "news" tab,while android phone is not in English this tab is in English and others aren't,facing that on Russian. Why just not add language selection button (at least "English" - "System default").

• Personally, I appreciate the pulse animation being removed. It would be great if it improved performance, but even just visually I prefer the game without it.  

I've also been assuming that the pulse, and the need to highlight everything when it swept by, was one of the reasons that the streets are still relatively dim, even with the "Enable Lighting Dynamics" cranked all the way up to High. I don't know whether that's the case, but if it is, could we have the streets be even brighter when the lighting dynamics is cranked up now? Being able to see the streets in the sunshine while biking is still challenging. I know that distinguishing the neutral portals against brighter streets could become an issue, but it is a slider, so folks can choose.

Anyway, that is my $.02. Thanks for removing the pulse.