Broken Drone

Help! S.O.S.! For 2 months now, my Drone has not been working. When I try to use the Drone, the message "Scanner communication error" flies across the screen. I have opened and re-opened 4 tickets and have received similar replies from "the team", "the dedicated team", "the development team", and "the Engineering team". I have been told that there are no restrictions applied to my account. I have been asked to reinstall Prime (which I did) and to check my wi-fi and data (a-okay for the latter two). With instructions from a Vanguard, I logged onto another player's device and my Drone still did not work. When the player logged onto my device with his account, his Drone DID work. So, I can assume that my device is not the problem. I am hoping that this Community Forum will be the place where someone will finally be able to solve my Drone issue.

Tagged:

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

best to do try different phone see if works? what phone u have ? strange error

• I did try a different phone and the drone still didn't work. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 6. Thank you so much for trying to figure this out.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

ok this is very strange.... and u cant recall it or send it ? i dont know what can be the problem then..

• Hi, again, @mortuus. No, I can't operate the drone at all. And, yes, this is very strange, indeed. At the beginning, the Drone was working fine. And then one night I was going out to play Ingress and realized that all my inventory had disappeared: all my keys, key lockers and regular gear. It was at this point that my Drone no longer worked. When I wrote to Niantic, they said I had illegal items and/or gps falsification. At that time, I was on vacation in another province and was getting gear from tons of agents there so I assumed responsibility for the possibility of receiving illegitimate gear. I don't know what gps falsification is so I'm pretty sure that had nothing to do with my problem. Therefore, I think Niantic accidentally did something to my drone when they took away my inventory. But, so far, they haven't been able to fix the drone.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

seems like its actually stuck somehow, weird niantic cant help, not much we on this community can do really..

• Can you recommend another place/person for me to go to, @mortuus ? Everytime I submit a ticket to Niantic, I get a bot that says the same thing in different words and they finish by saying that it's not a widespread issue, that they will pass it forward to another team ... and then I never hear from then again. I truly believe that the problem and solution is on Niantic's side but I am not having any results from them. Is there a real person from Niantic that I can talk to?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe we try tag @NianticBrian @NianticCasey if they can see this thread and advice something maybe ?

• HoYoungHoYoung ✭✭
    edited November 2020

How do I tag them, @mortuus ? I am a 67 year old, techie-challenged grandma who is learning every day and then forgetting the next day. 🙃

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Mortuus already tagged them for you :-)

• Oh, that was nice. Thank you, @Rostwold , for putting me in the know.