FS participation rejection for 6 months

vigvyrexvigvyrex ✭✭
edited February 2021 in First Saturdays

Hello!

As I reported for the past 6 months to ingress support, I am not allowed to participate into the Dutch FS events.

The orga members here are [REDACTED] rejecting me from increasing my badge stats for the FS badge.

The events are virtual, so why are people rejected here 😊 why are [REDACTED] allowed to continue organizing FS events, while rejecting agents who play fair and are still low level (12 for me)

Moderator edit: Redacted usernames.

Post edited by blueeeeeee on

Comments

• uedinhauedinha ✭✭

Did you meet all prerequisites for the event? 🧐

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

Organizers have to fish out that medal it any of the participants qualifies the requirements that are posted by the them + meets FevGames guidelines. My first impression is that you haven't meet the requirements for the event in specific. Sadly, even if there are cheaters/bad actors, the organizers have to give that medal if they meet the requirements unless there is a good reason not to do so.

I have complete faith in the IFS-UN members, and that includes @DhrMekmek . Just from what I read here, I think that you might not have fulfilled the requirements, or are having trouble in participating in the event at all. Try to contact the POCs to get further help. If they do not help, then the discussions can happen here.

• vigvyrexvigvyrex ✭✭
    edited November 2020

Lol, how can I meet the very low requirements if I am not even allowed to attend the virtual public FS event...

Post edited by NianticKK on
  • vigvyrexvigvyrex ✭✭

Also there are more people not allowed to participate as the ORGA deems them as not trusted... Poor people with trust issues

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

So what did you do except bugging the ingress support? Why and how are you rejected from the events? I can find nothing in your posts. Without any information, it looks like you are having unreasonable problems. To me, this whole thing looks like a rant from a kid. We can trash this thread away.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

Well since I took a step in, head to the global FS chat and explain in detail. How you tried to participate, and what and how the organizers prevented you from participating at all. If you can't explain, just stay safe at home and be silent.

• PerringaidenPerringaiden ✭✭✭✭✭

As a point of note, you can join a First Saturday from anywhere around the world right now, since it's Virtual. So if your local event has some sort of undue restriction, while you get it resolved you can still get credit by joining another group.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

There's basically nothing you can do. The fevgames and nia trust on the organizers decision, no mather how j**rk or cheaters they are.

They shouldn't be removing people based on personal opinion and other reasons but game related facts. E.g cheaters (are you one of those? If you are still complaining), like confirmed spoofers and multiaccounters. There's like half a dozen confirmed multiaccounters on my city, that freely use the secondary account to help with mod and farming and he is freely allowed (he only participate with one of the accounts). Also cases of an obvious and confirmed spoofer, that even joked about it (entered a closed public park after it closed time and on the day off for the public), and of course others that are less obvious but were confirmed mas cheaters before in the past. All that above allowed and I became the first removed player, because someone considered my picture offensive, and it took me 4 days to get any explanation about this, because none of the 6 organization members had the courage to speak to me or ask a new picture while it was still time (since I sent it almost an hour before they posted the results). They just fakeposted one score with be and few hours later deleted it and posted another without me, and no explanation given.

If you're honest players, just seek for another virtual ifs to participate until the regular ifs come back, because I believe that the old ifs didn't not require to be intermediate in order to get the badge, you just need to hack the portal in time, like hexatlons and MD.

• xliga156xliga156 ✭✭

So are you telling us that some players have create a sort of Mafia in ingress?!?!?! However, did you join other IFS in other country?

• PerringaidenPerringaiden ✭✭✭✭✭

In the same way that the Boy Scouts are a mafia... sure.

Groups are within their rights to deny access to other players, because it's a player organized event. Niantic is not vetting the signup lists for these events, and the other players are also within their rights to create another nearby IFS if they so choose.

This isn't high school. Niantic is not running the events, and aren't responsible for making you all hold hands and get along.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are organizers allowed to exclude agents from First Saturday? The FS Organiser's Guide literally says "Please note, all events must be free and open for anyone join in. It is not acceptable to restrict anyone from attending an event for any reason."

https://fevgames.net/ingressfs/org-guide/

As someone who lives in a nation full of gun-lovers and misogynist stalkers, I personally find that guideline problematic, because there definitely should be some behaviors worthy of a ban. If somebody decided that banning players is OK, Dev Games needs to update that guide.

All that said, a Virtual FS should make it easy to split the difference. If somebody's too disruptive to be allowed in chat, the organizer can still send that agent the link to let them enter their AP. The problem agent doesn't need to interact with other attendees at all for Virtual First Saturdays.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

Again, general solutions, report the event in the event page. It is located right above the RSVP list. Post what happened. The one who started this thread has given the impression that he should be banned from the chats. Hope it is not the same case again.

Another note, I had some discussions with few, and agreed that hosts can ban some people from the chats. Reasons includes, and not limited to: harassment in chats, uncontrollable anger, boasting multi accounts, clear intentions to ruin the FS event, etc. I can proudly add that although these 2 people were banned from the chats, we never banned them from the events, and got their medals if they did the event requirements.

To wrap up, just find another event. Event hosts can ban people from chats. They cannot restrict people from participating in events.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

So spreading ads-> telegram issue, not Ingress/FS.

Jokes->verbal/literal problems, IRL problems.

Adding that I made sure I didn't break any rules and guidelines I am aware of. I welcome if you can point it out.

Question solved, another one with mental problems here again

• DhrMekmekDhrMekmek ✭✭✭
  • 3car3car ✭✭✭

Mental problems. A nice period.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

One small correction, Agents can't remove their own comments, only Niantic can, which means that Niantic got alerted to his comments and removed them.

• DhrMekmekDhrMekmek ✭✭✭

Ah, good chance the his new ones will be removed again too. Thank you for clearing that up @InvestigateXM

• PoMaQPoMaQ ✭✭

I do not know the history of what happened in the Dutch IFS, but based on your comments here I can understand why you were banned Tegenligger. πŸ™„

@vigvyrex like others asked: what would be the reason why you are banned, did something happen?

Are you sending your stats and picture during the events?

As many said, while we are holding virtual IFS, you can join any country you like.

• DhrMekmekDhrMekmek ✭✭✭

As said earlier "We have banned exactly one agent from ever participating in our IFS events, and that agent is not called vigvyrex. So if the topic starter is complaining that he or she is not welcome at our event we organize in the Netherlands, it's posted here under a false name." Who the actual banned agent is pretty much clear now in this thread.

• OepsecOepsec ✭✭

Its always nice when niantic jails and bans community members after they raised issues about harassment, and breaking of TOS. Such a mature company ☺️

• OepsecOepsec ✭✭

Any country you like, but not the countries where you aren't likable πŸ˜€ epic

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

Someone who was here, is not here anymore.

This discussion has been closed.