Account ban

The player Tasoskilkis was banned without any explanation. I can guarantee for his loyalty and this is the reason I am opening this discussion and posting his disclaimer.

"On November 5th 2020 my account was terminated. I would like to express my deep disappointment cause I dedicated time a lot of time and money to a game I enjoyed playing.

There were just 2 portals in my city at the time I started playing and I often had to travel more than 80km to the nearest city just to level up and submit new portals so more players could join this game and PoGo.

Alongst my account I lost my dignity to the opposing team and my teamates because the verdict was that I broke the rules of fair play, whilst I never used any software, modified my phone in any way, or aquired items from a source other than the official store or my teamates. 

I have location history enabled ever since I started playing and I have photos of me to every remote portal I've been. I never got a warning, never got the chance to defend myself and prove I play fair.

My latest action to the game other than hacking my home portal was on Octobrt 29th at the following location: Gola Tsouka peak 1650m

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=40.955915,22.333929&z=15&pll=40.955915,22.333929 , where my wife @eugeniaki1kis flipped the portal which was by the way at the wrong location and we both made links and fields. The following day

the portal was moved to a different location and the links and fields thus destroyed. We both have videos, photos and location history of that day that we shared with our teamates.

My device is the following, https://www.mlsinnovation.com/gr/mls-pop-4g-smartphone.html , I know it's a low budget one but it's Ingress compartible (being able to download it and install it from google play) and I'm sorry but I can't afford a more expensive one.

I understand that you make the rules of the game but I have to appeal because of the injustice I feel was done to me and many other players like me that love the game."

@NianticPooja

Comments

• ΚουτοΠονηρο Μπαν..

• Tasoskilkis is a legit player, with proof, and it is a shame for the game that people like him get banned,all the while repeated cheaters get away with it.

• BlaumutBlaumut ✭✭✭✭

Please review the ban of this agent

• AirwaferAirwafer ✭✭
    edited November 2020

I think i've seen this post somewhere... ? 🤔

• bots are not only programmed to scan the intel map, collect keys, take over portals, report nicknames false playing... now they are already copying messages to conversations 😂

following this forum is much more interesting than playing under permafield😃

• amidingsdaamidingsda ✭✭
    edited November 2020

I hope the best for you guys and keep my fingers crossed. So sad to see and experience, that you have no chance to get in contact with a human being on the side of Niantic.

I mean, I don't think that somebody whose account got banned legit would put too much effort in getting back his/her account. So if some banned user really tries hard to get in contact and does all to clarify an obvious mistake - obviously nobody cares :(

• The title of the reddit post that refers to this reads "without opportunity to appeal." Of course he can appeal. The email would have told him how. So did he appeal?

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I find it odd that it's mentioned that you take pictures and videos at every remote location. That just sounds... Umm weird?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

players do this to have proof when they get accusated that they cheat to hard access portals etc.... this is what game has come to most asume hey its a spoofer going to that island again...

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not that odd, the amount of times other teams will accuse of spoofing because you could get to a portal that others thought inaccessible or because you got there without them noticing is unbelievable