Ingress 2.59.2 Release Notes
NianticOfficial Niantic › admin
• Updated map tiles from Jan 2020 with new transportation and building information.
• Fixed: Wrong codename briefly displayed on Resonators.
• Fixed: Can’t tap item in Attack or Deploy carousel to advance to that item.
Give us 60 fps mode pls ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
And update MU map also pls!
In Moscow, Russia MU map worked ugly, with big offset to South-West
Guys; you forgot to merge the commit for fixing the comm in the previous version, can you please do that before this version hits the app store? 😊
Oneplus 8 pro here.
If i put ingress in background and open it again i got ingress in 120hz
On iPhone we got only 30 fps
I'd take 15fps if it solved the battery drain.
Niantic have 60FPS on to do list. Now we only can wait. Not help if agents whrite lots of 60FPS. Not go faster
Nice QOL update, but
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give ingame language selection pls
A new update needs to 60fps for Ingress Prime and that battery life is too slow!!!
And the 8th anniversary celebration of Ingress is nearly upon us all!!!
Woooo good update. I thought I was going crazy when my attacking muscle memory kept failing. Soooooo glad to have the tap item selection back.
thank you niantic <3
wow thats it? not much fixes....
Perhaps it took too much to work... We don't really know it.
1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.
2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)
3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when charging.
4. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen.
5. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.
6. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.
7. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should.
8. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.
9. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.
10. Incorrect photo zoom/view. Keys don't properly show portrait photos, full screen photos don't properly show landscape photos. Also, Redacted had ability to rotate screen when viewing photos so both landscape and portrait photos can be viewed full screen.
11. Drone view doesn't show all the portals in the vicinity - some portals are not visible even though they are the same distance or closer to drone than other portals that are visible. Would be nice to know exactly how drones work without any guesses and tests.
12. When going into portals that are close to the edge of the screen and then going out, those portals disappear from view. If they have links on them, I can still see all the links converging at one point, but portal is no longer visible.
13. COMMs now don't go to the last activity, seem to be stuck at the beginning of a previous day. I have to manually scroll down. Yes, it doesn't scroll back up after we scroll down, but we don't need to have to scroll down or use workarounds like selecting different tabs and then go back to the tab we need.
1. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.
2. Is it possible to get rid of "I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK.
3. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.
4. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?
5. No portal navigation like in Redacted.
1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.
2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.
3. Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.
4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.
5. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.
6. When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.
7. Can't reply to a player of the same faction in Cross-faction COMMs just by selecting Reply option. It goes to Faction COMMs, and selecting Cross-faction removes @<agent name>. Have to copy agent's name in Faction COMMs and then paste it to Cross-faction COMMs.
@NianticOfficial any news about fixing the lag? Regardless of network or mobile.
Also seeing as this is Ingress's 8th Birthday, and this update is pretty small, can we infer that subscriptions are iminent?
The scanning pulses of scanner is gone?
Yes because a small number of players complained about it.
And is one of many features that I miss
Just checked again, the scanning pulses are still there, but hard to ****.
Can we fix the 12/24 hour notation already? I'm from Europe, we don't bother with AM/PM. It's changed a few updates back...
However it required 2 restarts for the map tiles to load.
also lag increased slightly since updating
Would Niantic consider making "Boost" items not take up inventory space? I stocked up on the half price apex and now have a ton of Fireworks taking space. Fireworks/beacons are a lot of fun during events but it's hard to justify the wasted space in the mean time. It would also feel really wasteful to use them all up just to get rid of them.
I think that the subscription is imminent. If we get extra storage, it's a "workaround" ;)
I've installed the update, COMMS still behaving like ****. Let's hope there's some quality updates around the corner... The game is glitchy at the moment, and using the premium items (APEX, crafted SBUL, etc.) is tricky. One could use and apex, start flip fielding and be met with "Scanner communication error" and "noretries" errors. Which is a shame.
On the other hand, people are recursing twice on the same day, so maybe it's just me :D haha
Haha, people disagreeing with users having issues. Classic.
4x AP was the perfect time to waste fireworks and beacons. I had a load of them and used them all except for one of each. 2000 AP each use!
premium items u cant drop on ground should not take up inventory space i dont understand why it does.
That's so sad. I need the pulses to feel XM.
yeah, I thought this was supposed to be fixed, but doesn't appear to have been.
I really don't see what benefit this will have, I doubt these graphics would look significantly better at a higher frame rate. Wouldn't a higher frame require more data? So you may have to pay a higher cellular phone bill, if you don't already have an unlimited data plan. I'm not sure it's worth it.
For your info. @NianticOfficial the comm is still not working right.
As far as i see phones with 2gb RAM which use "low detalization" mode now have no links drawed,only if zoomed down to ground there are thaceable shadow of link.Faced on:Redmi 4x(custom rom),Samsung A3-16(stock),Redmi 7a(stock),TPLink C7s(stock) and Nexus 5(custom,unfortunately stock cant bypass SafetyNet,but 7yo phone still can run Prime xD).This began just in 2.59 and i think it's not the way it should be.
As i see on screenshots,phones with 3+ rom draw links good.