Spoofers

As a new player I feel like strange movements seems to be spoofers moves. But sometimes I feel a likes psycho with that things.

You are experienced players, can you tell me how to detect spoofers?

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

if u are physical at a location and dont see anyone irl but ingame action at portal u know is a spoofer etc...

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because you can't see the other agent at the portal doesn't mean that they're not actually there. Many portals are reachable from inside a building, from behind a hedge, etc. Someone driving by a portal in their car in traffic is quite difficult to spot. Some people find fun in the spy-vs-spy aspect of the game and trying to hide in plain sight.

For me, some combination of agent profile and behavior suggests that an "agent" might actually be a spoofer. For example, a barely L6 agent that no one has ever seen before in the area smashing a field anchor raises an eyebrow, especially if its a remote field anchor that normally takes quite some effort and planning to get to. An agent that travels far, far too quickly and erratically compared to other agents in the area raises an eyebrow. But these actions can also be the actions of a real player. Lower level agents do pop up out of the blue every now and then. It is entirely possible for an agent to find shorter, "hidden" paths between portals that most people are unaware of.

If the activity really bothers you, submit a support ticket, and let NIA Ops sort it out. There's not much of a point in worrying about something that you can't do anything about anyway.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Easy when you know the location is closed at a certain period of time, and also the distance where the resonators where deployed.

Usually arround past midnight the newcomer spoofers come out to play, geting in inside closed parks, wrong way down one way streets, etc.

• I really wouldn't encourage people to use a scraper site to track people.

• Neither do I, but tracing spoofers there is better than intel map.

It is good for players to know that someone other than Niantick records their gameplay and even sells this game data forward.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Are you comfortable with someone other than Niantic tracking your movements and possibly selling that data?

• No, but it just has to be accepted if you play Ingress 😕

I am quite sure that there are also other Ingress data collectors, and not all are public 😕

• Actually no, it does not have to be accepted and should be contested at every opportunity

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Knowing the area usually helps, but in the end the only real way to get to catch a spoofer is being present at the portal, with no possibility for them to hide behind anything, at the very exact same time they interact with the portal.

And that would only fulfill your own knowledge, since Niantic does not care about this aspect either.

EDIT: the word '8U5H' is black listed? Are you for real?