Update on the Eos Protocol

Comments

• Not gonna go near the first part haven't done enough research on the current numbers ect.

On the second part going outside has always been dangerous, everyone is just more aware of it now. Ironically being outside away from others right now isn't the dangerous part but most people are bad about following proper procedure like distancing and not messing with their mask let alone when they should wash or sanitize hands.

And people in my experience rarely have needed much of an excuse to do stupid things that's not new... GPS game or not.

• Was quite happy with the event as it was. Will still use this as an opportunity to safely get out and play, while masked up and socially distant, but was looking forward to the game being competitive again.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Main reason there have been more accidents is because no one is following any of the rules of the road. Constant speeding, tailgating, stop sign and red light running is rampart everywhere.

Doesn't mean that you can't play Ingress safely on foot. Just be aware of your surroundings as you would anytime. Also, beware of those low hanging branches. They tend to sneak up on you when you are the least bit suspicious and THWAK! 🤣

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree but I'm just stating interesting data that transportation networks have reported since lockdown. The amount of traffic went as low as -80% and has come back to roughly 90% of what the normal traffic compared to the year prior. The whole concept of a routine has been a distant memory.

• The traffic is also far less dense, with only people with no other option, using public transport. So in Ingress terms, there are a bunch of inexperienced traffic drivers (because they usually take the bus) providing similar busy periods.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct. The density of the traffic is not as much at usual peak times (7-9 am and 4-6 pm) and has been distributed out through the day.

• It’s Mon, Nov 9, 2020 17:04 UTC but I still do not get double AP?

• Oh now i got double AP. A bit delayed there for about 2 minutes ain’t it?

• sad the medal was removed :(

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

With a third of the playerbase on hold/lockdown, the 5m probably could have gone to 2.5-3.5m without major compromise OR have it be a daily goal of around 350-400k a weekday and 1m on weekends.

I think the question that Niantic wants answered is how many individual players ( not spooferbots or Multiaccounting players) are actually playing right now.

• Lag lag lag lag

• Only 2 hours into the EOS protocol and 5 mins into an Apex and the servers have crashed. I hope you will be reimbursing people who have purchased Apex for this event only to find them wasted.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Love Niantic when they dont sell event medals in store now. I hope we can win or unlock unique avatar for every new events Niantic have. If we dont unlock agents can buy the avatar for only 2500 CMU.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

If only. I often have to restart the app when using an Apex when fielding. SOOO much fun waiting for the app to load back up while an Apex is burning away.

• You're right cause even in the US it's been talked about from the start but we're not facing that issue right now cause it hasn't come our way again yet (as if it ever left in the first place) but at the same time double ap doesnt make players who've recursed want to play because it isnt anything new to them. Double deploying doesnt make people want to play more you still cant get a level 8 without 3 other people minimum. It's nice being able to double deploy 8s but itliterally doesnt add any entertainment value to the game as a whole or the event individually.

To your second point most people dont feel like they can go adventure right now. If most places are like my local area they're playing local because they dont have to go out and put themselves at risk when thet can just play around the portals they can reach on their daily route and when they go to the store or things like that. The bonuses are nice but like I said in the first half of my post they add 0 entertainment value which a xfac event and a badge were supposed to do and were the primary reason people were so excited when it was announced.

I was planning on letting portals die and recapping for the event and even went out of my way for it last night just to find out it was literally for nothing. I usually maintain so many portals that I dont have the xm and items (even with power cubes AND recycling) to recharge them all and now they're at half health which is going to take me probably close to a week to finish recharging them all to full. I'm not angry but it is a little annoying that I was willing to lose what I work daily to upkeep only to find out that I'm at least days behind now for no reason anymore.

Thanks for listening to the rant. Hopefully it doesnt come off as pissy or anything I'm just trying to explain the perspective

• And this year there's no preview of the badge... Last year they show it on YouTube, 2018 on Twitter, 2017 on G+

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

yes it feels so because double ap along with apex mods nets x4 ap... thats insane tempting to go out and do tons of ap in short time...

• I've been playing since this pandemic had begun in the USA. Mainly I play in the car, but I'm still playing. I'm glad Niantic listened and changed the event, since most of the world is on lockdown again. Either play or don't. Quit whining.

• No events.. then remove.. no medal.. only sadly if you look. In Pokemon Go there are always events one after the other... thats not really fair..

• Or we were doing it anyway, because by it's nature Ingress is inherently "anti-social" in general play, and being out by yourself playing doesn't expose you to other people...

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Any chance we can be shown the Year 8 badge any time soon?

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian Could you please clarify "Double Portal Scan limit", will this be simply doubling the available scans (so that the ones that reset after 7 days will doubled once their reset), or will this just be +200 per week from the beginning of the event? That way I wouldn't have to wait for the scans to reset to use up the bonus ones.