For real though, THE COMPASS

GersterwindGersterwind ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in App Feedback (Archive)

I've been on this since the beginning of prime:

The compass only works on phones with magnetometers. Why?

The compass worked fine without a magnetometer in Redacted.

The compass works fine without a magnetometer in Pokemon Go.

The whole point of using your new platform was so you could build off your experience with the other games. So build off that experience. You don't need a magnetometer to make an arrow on a map point to north on the map. Use the same code from Pokemon Go so that the compass points to north on the map just like it does in Pokemon Go.

Prime has been live since December 2017, billing itself as a way to explore your world. Almost three years, and you can't even get the compass to point north on the map

Last time I said this, people were STILL telling me that all new phones are going to have magnetometers, even super-low end ones, so it's no big deal. I've bought four new phones since 2018, and NONE OF THEM had magnetometers.

You get a new person with a mid-range phone to download your app, talking about exploring your world, and if they don't have a magnetometer, your compass arrow just sits there, doing nothing but indicating which side of the phone is up. Literally every other app with a map has a compass that rotates to point to north on that map without needing a magnetometer. Your new download is going to decide your app is junk, and delete it without even getting through the tutorial.

I've made no secret that I can't stand your new look. The compass is just one of the reasons I one starred it. There you are begging for a higher rating in the app store, because you're sitting at a 3.1 rating. Who's going to change that? People like me.

I promise you, fix the compass, and I'll change my one star rating to two stars. I'm here. I'll do it. Will I do more? Will I give it five stars? No. I have other big issues that I think should have gotten fixed a LONG time ago. But fix the compass, and you'll get one more star out of me.

Tagged:

Comments

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

I've bought four new phones since 2018, and NONE OF THEM had magnetometers.

Have you tried reading the specs?

• I still wonder where you're getting all these phones from.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Suggest not getting a Xiaomi RedMI, most of their line up do not have magnetometers.

Some of One Plus doesn't have magnetometers

However Samsung's A series do, at similar price points.

Or just buy a 2 year old flagship which has a magnetometer