Three Strike Spoofing POlicy

I think this game will be very good if we adopt a THREE strike spoofing policy. So you can spoof down two portals for free, and then on the third get banned. Having spoof down only one portal before the ban is too harsh. Some days I think it is a little too risky to violate my house arrest so I need to spoof to the portal instead if there is a BAF. I hope NIANTIC will revisit this policy.

Comments

• Spoofer Rights!

• Is this satire?

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you! Niantic should revisit this policy too because that's not how it is working. Spoofers are currently free to play as they please without any warning as if we're real players, and report ends in nothing.

• I'm not completely clear what spoof is, does, or besides mpg saved is a spoofer urned???

Maybe in this post pundemic world, and a certain level, spoofing could be integrated as... shaper grants individuals a warp ability (temp, with long cooldowns, for...an augmented emergency! But agents get a little I spoof cuz I now it's acceptable pin beside their agent name...it could be like an agent drone,...

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

phone IMEI should also be ban for spoofers so they could not just create another acount

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem with that: Starting with Android 10, apps that are not from Google (Third party apps installed from the Play Store) can't read the IMEI. I assume the same or a similar restriction is also in place for iOS.

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely not. The premise of this game (and all Niantic mobile games) is to “get up and MOVE” not sit and tap a button. Plus with the idea of a “mini-spoof” or what have you, it would completely take out the point of strategic portals.

• I agree. It takes away much more than strategic portals, it ruins the game learning what little of this spoof ive gathered. And stunned Google play got apps for that!

But how do players who do not stoop there, know who is? (Guess if there were sign, fewer would stoop?)

Thanks though