Too many events on the same days across the games.

edited September 2020 in First Saturdays

This weekend October 3 we have Ingress First Saturday but we also have Harry Potter Wizards Unite Wizard Challenge weekend. Can you space these out better?

Comments

• Wish better planning of events across Niantic games. Why do we have to have Wizarding weekend and IFS same weekend. Please look at this differently going forward.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

No, the literally can't! Each game have its own schedule, and is up to the player to choose what they're playing. The company has 3 games now, soon to be 4 and this number will probably increase every year or two, matching each to the other would be a hell and financial suicide. Just imagine Christmas happening in only on me of them...

Also, in there virtual ifs you can participate i any one of them in the whole world.

• There are four weekends in the average Month. There are currently three games, soon to be four. But how many people actually play more than one?

• tIhIngantIhIngan ✭✭
    edited October 2020

You are correct. Ingress has First Saturday, because that's what it's called. The other games can have the other weekends. Maybe PGSS (Pokemon Go Second Sunday) and WULS (Wizards Unite Last Saturday).

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Pokemon already have every Wednesday raid hour, Tuesday hotspot, community days every months and lots of other random events. I believe HP already have similar events in that same way.

Ingress is the only one that have just one (community managed) event. Only now with this halloween they started with holiday events.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

There is not much they can do really, we needs more days on the week then lol... even if they did one event for one game that week, then next week for the other game and so on, would that work? i doubt it.... and niantic has plans to release 2 new games / year so overtime this will be a bigger problem i asume...

• Let's be honest here, a shared calendar between all of the event planners would be an extremely easy thing to do. If this were some Herculean task, I'd agree that it's not reasonable, but this is 2020, we all have Google Calendar or an equivalent and it would take very little effort to avoid conflicts...just like the rest of the world.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Never mind the demand on servers. (cautiously optimistic about anomalies a year from Jan 2021, but that is a slightly different issue.)