Closest portals icons are still broken

In the following screenshot, I was in a few kilometers range from a portal at 49.148529, 34.206803 (there are a few phantom, nonexistent portals on the map as you see, don't mind them in this topic).

The two portal cards show me the portals which I have keys from, at coordinates 48.498042, 34.55036 ; 48.558803, 34.899195.

If you open intel an the coordinates mentioned in the first paragraph, you can see there is a village with loads of portals and it is these portals which should be on the cards.

Besides that, the direction at which the cards point is often very wrong. They can point to the left of the screen, while the portal will appear at the top edge of the screen. Redacted had them perfectly aligned.

Comments

• Definitely seeing this too.

I'll pass a portal, and then when it drops out of range, it goes back to showing me a random portal from 10kms away. Whichever developer thought it would be fun to show a "roll the dice and pick a portal" instead of the nearest ones... doesn't know how this works.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Screenshots taken on 2.58.1-8bd4a619

Here you can see I'm in the middle of a city, but on a pretty long bridge. So there's no portals close enough to be loaded, and there are a few icons which show totally NOT the closest portals to me. Next screenshot shows there are lots of portals much closer.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this could be fixed by just delaying nthat feature and make it load only 1 minute after the game starts.

I believe it happens because that game still didn't loaded the intel, but the game loaded this feature and looked inside your keys.

• If your hypothesis was true, then the feature is still broken.

The closest portals need to keep updating constantly as your position changes. It used to be an 'unintended feature' that if the inventory loaded before the gameboard in Redacted, you'd see your closest keys first, then it would snap to your nearest portals.

The bug here is that it isn't updating when the position changes. If you're right about loading, then it would eternally show the first portals loaded, instead of updating when you drive 20kms in any direction.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no idea how it works, but when this happen to me is usually when I start the game in a bad signal area, so the game have trouble loading the map.

• edited October 2020

Yeah, Redacted used to have a similar bug where the update loop would crash and the boxes would disappear and never come back.

It seems like Prime crashes the loop but doesn't hide the boxes.

If updating worked, it wouldn't matter how the initial data was populated because it would be overwritten.