I love Ingress Prime

GoonieGuyGoonieGuy ✭✭✭

There, I said it! It took a good month to get familiar with the new interface but now I can't stand redacted. Which I only used in chicago a bit for the anomaly and besides that haven't opened it or felt the need to in a few months now.

The issues I have left with Prime sounds like they are being fixed in the next patch and later with the UI update. Hopefully adding the over xm bar limit when recycling and sharing profiles. Those are really the only two things from redacted that I can even think of that I miss.

Besides that, everything in prime is faster to me. resonating, attacking, inventory management, directional quick swipes, recycling. Other great features - viewing profiles is easier, farming keys with quick hack more keys, quick hack no key saves inv space, hiding progress on current mission. being under a multilayer field now no longer blocks your view.

If you tried prime early on, or didn't and are just believing all the hate comments, I urge you to try it for yourself. It's a drastically different interface, so submerse yourself in it for like a month without going to redacted.

I just imagine if everything was reversed and we were going from prime to redacted people would be screaming about the lost functionality and the antiquated graphics. But hey, at least your battery would last longer? Because we all don't have way too many battery chargers anyways. 😄

Those Agents who are using Prime, what are your favorite features?

Tagged:

Comments

• VasatiVasati ✭✭✭

The upgraded graphics. There seems to be so much more life, bursting out and waiting to be captured. Though it seems that's barely touching the tip of the ice berg. Though I hear that the Enlightened have to deal with the same blue coloring that should be Resistance based. Hopefully Niantic can fix that, so it will be like it was in the old days.

Nothing will beat being able to rotate the screen with one finger. I will never miss having to carefully put two fingers on the screen and slowly rotate without squeezing my fingers together or sliding them apart and causing the zoom to increase or decrease.

Beyond that, you've covered a lot of the good features Goonie. and a fair amount of the bad. I personally dislike how I can no longer properly upload my data to Agent Stats, or be able to share it to others like you could on the original model. I also think that there could be more features, there could be more fun things and exciting events with Prime. But then that's all probably on the way, slowly but surely. I'm looking forward to it all.

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

Prime does need a bit of polish, but it's getting better and better. Niantic is working hard on it, I'm sure of that.

• I like the different audio signals that it gives. The portals actually have full audio propaganda tracks coming from them but in order to hear them, they need to be L8. The more you upgrade, the clearer the message.

I find the single-finger map control much easier to use.

I started on the original scanner before Redacted so I understand some of the people who are leary of switching but new things are always scary.

• Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I've been using Prime since it was released as the main client essentially, even when everybody was having a severe conniption about it's usability.

I've only looked back at Redacted during Anomalies, and even that mostly just to avoid angry eyes for using Prime on such an important life changing, world improving, hunger removing, event.

I've been playing since 2016 so it's not for a lack of "old" ingress experience either. I just don't hate it and never really fundamentally got all the noise.

• I started using Prime to remote recharge just to get to used to the new interface. Once I was comfortable, I started using it more. Really on it was a bit frustrating, locking up while in the middle of doing things. The lock ups have decreased, but have not been eliminated. That said, one finger map rotations are amazing. Didn't think I'd like that feature as much as I do. Mass recycling is great, have 50 level 1 bursters, boom, all gone. I've actually removed redacted from my phone.

With all that there are still improvements that is like to see. 1) portal edits, new pictures, location correction, etc... 2) XM limit notifications when recycling. This is helpful when you try to be conservative with XM. 3) Better feedback to the user. Sometimes I get a red notification with no text. When I try to throw the 9th link from a portal I get a "misaligned" error. A simple "To many outgoing looks" message would be much better. 4) Time down the speed lock. I'm well aware of the safety reason for this, but if Prime is only running in the background, you should not get died locked. I find myself driving to certain portals using highways and it's a pain to keep killing the app then having to start it again and wait for it to fully launch once I arrive.

• @Sundermeyer Oh so it wasn't only me imagining it... I was hacking a lv8 ENL portal and I could hear Roland's voice I think... I thought I started having hallucinations and I should had quitted Ingress for a while, lol

• GoonieGuyGoonieGuy ✭✭✭

The current look of xm, rainbow, really makes it much easier to see and looks good imo

• I really love Prime, I have since the closed beta. Granted, I'm one of those people who will use software that breaks all the time if it's cool.

Once you get used to the UI, literally everything is faster. Deploying is less taps and mods have a swipe shortcut which is easy to get to (as a person who does not hold their phone in their right hand, the button placement is a dream). Glyph hacking, recharging and linking are all roughly on par with redacted, if not MUCH better. Attacking is also miles better, as is inventory management, and since 2.25, the readding of the compass and loading time reduction has been greatly appreciated. Really, at this point, cutting the client side "speedlocking" and improving the caching as to reduce internet loading time would make the app perfect in my eyes.

• SouLPrison3rSouLPrison3r ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I don't mind prime, but it very much feels like Dev's are being unfair to Prime only players(the new players). How? No access to Mission tools and OPR. #PrimePlayersMatter.

I am almost L12 and my only motivation to level up to that was OPR and now that's inaccessible. :(

• Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I want to second the remark GoonieGuy made about the rainbow XM. It works well for visibility.

• I switched on Prime after Barcelona anomaly and my first Recursion. The start was really rough, as Prime still had tons of bugs, but update after update Prime became smoother and smoother. Now when I try Redacted I cant really find any GOOD reason why I would prefer it as main Scanner over Prime.

On both my Samsung Galaxy S9 plus and S10e Prime looks more clear (I do realize, that this is false on older devices). UI is makes much more sense and everything seems just so much snabbier.

I really hope upcoming UI change is not going to bring Prime towards Redacted, as I feel that would be an downgrade😯

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

I'd really like more consistent AP/XM feedback (green numbers and white numbers) when performing an action. Sometimes I'll do several actions and see no AP number at all, then all of the sudden I get 8k AP out of nowhere and it just leaves me baffled. Redacted showed the AP gain at the same time the server responded to a request — a way of knowing that your action was successful. This is important for first deploys or very long established links, for example.

• I agree, the sound design is awesome. I'd just like them to add anti Aliasing and fixs the audio inconsistencies here and there and prime

• tomogramtomogram ✭✭✭

I started using prime again this week and I am enjoying it. It is a lot more stable and functional compared to release. The one thing I need is a force a sync option. It sucks getting to a portal and the map not loading when you’re minutes from checkpoint and trying to throw a field.

• I wish it was possible to have a plain background in our personal image though, like when you start. I hate I am forced to keep a background image...

• X6996X6996 ✭✭

I like how fast you can link and field with prime. It's definitely an improvement compared to redacted/original scanner. What I like less is how prime behaves when you drops keys. It should stay in the portal menu and not exit it.