Ingress 2.58.1 Release Notes
NianticCasey Niantic › admin
• Fixed: COMM jumps to the oldest message when a new update loads.
• Fixed: NHLDNMECGPG error on Dronenet when Agent has insufficient XM.
• Fixed: Restarting the app during New Agent Training ends Training and loads codename selection.
• Potential fix: Location inaccurate when returning to app from background.
• Potential fix: Unable to create a Link to a Portal until restarting the app.
Who are you guys and what did you do with Niantic? COMM fix AND a potential link fix? Kinetic Capsules and a short event for Halloween? Keep up the good work! ☺️
EDIT: And competitive events for November? Is it Christmas already?
Great if comm fixed for good.
Oh my. You had me at COMMs fixed. Super stoked about this.
Comm fix is great!
Give us 60 Fps mode ) ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
OMG😲😯😯😮😦 Very nice update💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪
Potential fix: Unable to create a Link to a Portal until restarting the app.
This holds the most excitement for me. Restarting 2-3 times an hour sucks.
Fixed comm.. Fixed links.. Event announcements... How little we need to be happy
When get Adventure Sync? @NianticBrian have event for 4km Kinetic Capsule but still no Adventure Sync. Hope Niantic miss it in changelog here and can enable Adventure Sync before halloween event.
Best update of 2020?
P.S: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give ingame language selection :*
At this point, I hope it turns up just after the event ends, to spite you. Please stop whining about EVERYTHING.
No mention of any goodies for Halloween
Avatars, ghosts, etc?
You're a beautiful person xD
Agents dont like have Adventure Sync in Ingress?
They finally remembered they still have the "other" game. lol
They are running out of trivial bugs to fix so now there's no choice but improving and attend player's demands.
Would be fun also orange xm 👻
OMG calm your Hakuna Matata's. Niantic already said it will come to Ingress. Have some patience. Please.
Talk about it over 2 years. Take long time for Niantic to relese Adventure Sync. What next take 2 years for Niantic to relese?
You asking for it everyday won't speed up the process.
Portal keys in alphabetical order.
Do something else so that after the announcement on the forum, the update appears faster in the play market. Thanks.
@NianticCasey Thank You! From a dev side I understand these current times don't make things any easier. So thanks for fixing stuff. I know we may whine about adventure sync, subscription offering, inventory download, spoofer prevention, or 60pfs. But we are just excited, like a bunch of kids. Thank You for the hard work of you and the rest of the crew at Niantic for getting us about and about in the world safely!
Thanks,that bugfixes are really good.And thanks for correcting Russian translations in main menu,some points was untranslated before (but i am still waiting language selection because of alert grouped to "attacked/neutralised" with attacker name in English and are spammy ungrouped thing in Russian).
Also seems to be comm and alerts on main screen are fixed (for me they were stuck on 2.57)
UPD: seems to be COMM still behaves a bit strange,i've uploaded screenrecord to show it's behaviour,just remove .jpeg in the file name end (this forum aren't allowed to push mp4 files). In general,if opened it still jumps up,but not so laggy - only when opened.
Update: main screen COMM/alerts bug still exists.
If the comm is fixed in this ver 2.58 that will be one of the best fixes every. Good job @NianticOfficial .
Nope, still same issue. How can they put this in the patch notes, it's tested in 5 seconds. Install updates, check comms, scroll down, back to scanner, open up comms, we're at the oldest message again. SMH.
Comms isn't fixed, and there are multiple link bugs. Let's hope at least this one is fixed.
"Scanner disabled" after switching is still there as well.
EDIT: Okay, technically they might have fixed one thing about the comms bug. Sure, it still starts at the oldest message every time you open it, but it doesn't jump back to the oldest message when a new update arrives. So what they stated in their release notes is technically true.
1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.
2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)
3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when charging.
4. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen.
5. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.
6. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.
7. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should.
8. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.
9. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.
10. Incorrect photo zoom/view. Keys don't properly show portrait photos, full screen photos don't properly show landscape photos. Also, Redacted had ability to rotate screen when viewing photos so both landscape and portrait photos can be viewed full screen.
11. Drone view doesn't show all the portals in the vicinity - some portals are not visible even though they are the same distance or closer to drone than other portals that are visible. Would be nice to know exactly how drones work without any guesses and tests.
12. When going into portals that are close to the edge of the screen and then going out, those portals disappear from view. If they have links on them, I can still see all the links converging at one point, but portal is no longer visible.
1. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.
2. Is it possible to get rid of "I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK.
3. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.
4. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?
5. No portal navigation like in Redacted.
1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.
2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.
3. Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.
4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.
5. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.
6. *supposedly fixed* When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.
7. *supposedly fixed* Can't reply to a player of the same faction in Cross-faction COMMs just by selecting Reply option. It goes to Faction COMMs, and selecting Cross-faction removes @<agent name>. Have to copy agent's name in Faction COMMs and then paste it to Cross-faction COMMs.
8. *supposedly fixed* COMMs now don't go to the last activity, seem to be stuck at the beginning of a previous day. I have to manually scroll down, but when I exit COMMs and go back in, I'm again somewhere in the middle and not in the most recent activity.
Dude, we don't need 60 fps. You can't walk that fast.