Other stuff I would pay money for.

SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Loadout cards with codes on them.

For prizes for IFS, dead drop scavenger hunts etc.

Without exorbitant shipping rates from the USA. (Seriously, shipping on the Ingress store is crazy).

Either that or just codes we can buy, we can print them out ourselves.

Niantic always seemed to underrate the swag scene.

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Ingress will soon have friends and gifs like the other 2 Niantic names have. The need of load outs will be replaced by that. If that happens, thy could allow us to buy a premium gift, with better stuff to be passed on to others.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydraulinski Oh god. I hope they at least fix the mechanics of it. Gifting in PoGo and HPWU is slow and tedious.

• According to Brian, loadout cards for cash are an in-spirit violation of their agreements with Google and Apple for the store. Though if they could generate them to be bought through the store, maybe not.

They can't do the physical cards any more if they contain gear.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh for gods sake. :facepalm:

So, then let us generate our own via the store, with maybe requirement of portal scans or something.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

Loadout cards also have to be fairly restricted in frequency. Without that the game becomes pay to win.

I've been known to buy over 500 beacons in one day because we had a party bus and it was more fun to spew beacons than to fight for deploys and mods. It was excruciating to do it three at a time... I'd be more likely to do this stuff if I could buy 25-packs. I also bought 200 toast beacons and deployed them all over midtown Manhattan to get the last 100K AP to get back to 16 after I recursed. If people like me are willing to spew money at a game for amusing decorations imagine what it would be like if I could exchange greenbacks for stacks of X8s...

• At the highest "cost grouping" it'd be nice if you could use a slider to collect X numbers, but I'd imagine that's more of a rare case. They did remove the un-dismissability of the animations though which makes repeat purchases nicer.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, that's good to know. The last time I mass-purchased beacons was in April 2019, but I was sitting in my favorite scotch bar in Manhattan sipping a rare 30-year-old Islay so I didn't much care.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

I'd pay for rainbow / chaos xm theme.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

Wow, people are weird. Someone disagreed with my previous statement. Do they not believe that the last time I mass-purchased beacons was April 2019? That I was sitting in my favorite scotch bar in Manhattan at the time? That I was sipping a rare 30-year-old Islay? That I didn't care about the tedium?

The scotch was a Port ****, I think 9th release but my memory isn't quite good enough to retain that level of detail. It was Keen's Chophouse at 36th and 6th. For those who doubt, here are a few photos from that night on April 21, 2019. Warning: One of them contains a painting of a woman in a state of undress. https://photos.app.goo.gl/RgC2SdrKQ7m515nt7

I too would pay for permanent rainbow XM simply because it's so beautiful. Niantic wants to sell consumables, though, not one-time purchases.

(Edit: The forum starred out E-l-l-e-n?!)

Post edited by Hosette on
  • Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, but I want to customize my scanner. Is the same with the rest of the icons.

Asp skins, like faction theme, dark xm theme, redacted theme, etc.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

pogo earns bilions on visual cosmetic stuff im suprised we dont have more options customize our profile with stuff that isnt pay 2 win...

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@mortuus I wonder what part of PoGo's revenue is cosmetic stuff vs consumables like incubators and raid passes? I would bet 90% of it is the latter.

I'm personally willing to pay reasonable amounts of money for things that make my gameplay more efficient, like frackers... which I've dropped quite a lot of money on. I'm willing to pay smaller amounts of money for things like beacons that decorate the playing field, but only on occasion. It's hard for me to imagine spending money on decorating my own screen in any way, but I may be atypical. If I want to play dress-up I have a closet full of options.

I would pay for the ability to bulk recharge keys. Let me dump power cubes into my inventory and it starts at the beginning or end and just tops up every portal until the cubes are exhausted. Let me do the same for capsules. "It will take 23 PC8s to fully charge the keys in this capsule. How many do you want to use? (slider or +/-)" And then boom, the keys get recharged without me having to waste time going through boring mechanics over and over. In my line of work we call that toil and we try to eliminate it.

Kinetic capsule that recharge keys inside. Not a insanely amount, like fully recharging 100p8keys, but just enough to to prevent portals for decaying if you forgot to recharge it.

Like a consumable capsule that hold up to 10 keys and recharge x amount (the equivalent of one click on recharge all) of a random key inside it at each km you walk. It can work for a certain amount of km walked and then break/turn off.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

While it may be a good idea, I don't think many people will buy it, since we have right now plenty of hypercubes.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

We dont need gift in Ingress Prime when we get more free items from portals. I dont know way we have the meaningless social in Pokémon GO and soon we only can add friends.

• This is probably not a bad idea, though I'd maybe switch it around to be "automatically uses latent XM around you". But likely it'll never happen because the standard Niantic line is "Recharging and inventory management are important parts of the gameplay experience".

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

How about mod replacement? But make it so that only you can replace your own mods. This way bad actors can't go replacing all your aegis shields with link amps. For those times when I want to add a softbank to an anchor, but it's bricked with (my) shields from the last throw from the spine. Or when I need keys and can replace my own shields with hack mods, and then back to shields when the hack mods are no longer useful. Could also be useful for farming. Make it a low cost subscription service or bundle a certain amount of uses in the store for one-time purchase.

I would pay for that too. I was going to buy all 5 of them, but them Niantic gave me one for free and basically prevented me from spending my money on them...

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Level 8 xmps, id happily pay for those rather than l6

• That's where most players (myself included) draw the line at pay to win. If you don't need a P8 to get X8s what's the point of teamwork.

• TheAuraStormTheAuraStorm ✭✭✭✭

Every time there’s something for sale people join the P2W (Pay to Win) train, so less controversial things Niantic could sell, the better.

More avatars, like the four we had. I believe there are thirteen in total? So someone might just buy an avatar in a pretty colour. That makes zero impact to the game and others.

Character badgers. Love, loathe or somewhere in-between, personally, I’m a loather, like with how Niantic has been doing with the old characters releasing them on occasion, people may choose to buy for another scanner abuse.

Subscription Service. More storage? Shut up and take my money. Massively affects gameplay so has to be done very carefully.

Kinetic Capsule. If they sold more kinetic capsules, even if they were good for x amount of uses, and tiered that a better KC would require less distance, awesome. It’s more of a convenience item rather than just buying VR Kit.

Battle Beacons. They need a bit of an overhaul because I don’t see the benefit at present, if your first hack after the battle was over generated some kit to help replenish your supplies and some other VR goodies, that would definitely be worthwhile.

• GobiasGobias ✭✭✭

To add some value to the user avatars, they should look at displaying the owner's avatar on the portal page in the background (similar to the agent page).

At the moment, your avatar is only visible in your own agent page, and I barely ever have a reason to check another user's page at all, let alone closely enough to notice. If you could leave your mark on the map, and have other agents see your avatar as they interact with the portals you own, then it actually has some value.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

Hope we can buy more inventory space outside from subscription. Say 2500 CMU for every upgrade of inventory.

• jsylvisjsylvis ✭✭✭✭

That would massively impact balance. Hell to the no.

I don't think so. Maybe not this cheap, but I would like to expand my inventory without the need of monthly fee, even if that meant payment 3 times more.

Eg 500 instantly to subscribers and 500 to be bought slowly like 50 extra each pack, and the total price bring like 2 years of subscription. In the end a "free" player will have a total of 2500, and a subscriber could expand up to 3000.

• jsylvisjsylvis ✭✭✭✭

Consider an anomaly where some players have, say, 3,000 inventory compared to the normal 2,000.

The sheer _imbalance_ in weaponry, shield, and cube quantities would be unreasonable.

I would love to expand my inventory. I would *hate* to be the guy playing against my expanded inventory.