Server is laggy again

Hulk32Hulk32 ✭✭✭

Yet another trip to not play Ingress because of servers. Not even able to deploy or simple hack. @NianticBrian @NianticOfficial please take a look!

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

Server update fail.

• Now servers down

• Yep, was about to say the same thing.

Going to do my recharging session and nothing. Sigh.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

They are doing a starburst, that's why

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

.. Starts get routine now weekly server issues....

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always been in favour of a subscription for extra features, but with these regular server reliability problems, I wouldn't sign up right now.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

What the hell, can I play on Saturday please??

• ENL Japan are going for the link star record.

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?pll=35.307265,139.58179

• TsumomoTsumomo ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

Great time to use a Apex. Waste of money. NIA really don't give at rats arse about Ingress anymore do they ?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Linkstars breaks the game for everyone when it happens, yes its allow to linkstar but at what cost, destroy the game for everoyne? thats sabotage then.....

• InerasIneras ✭✭✭

How fast will the Ingress team respond to this surge? It's 3:45 in the morning on a Saturday for them.

The starburst in Czechia happened a little less than a month ago and this happens again. Why not limit the total number of incoming links until Niantic can afford decent servers?

• TsumomoTsumomo ✭✭✭

At least I got to play a bit, before this again.

• Up... And donw... And up and Down

The vengaboys is coming!

🎶

No everyone has the same problems... Why?

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad I've learned to check to see if the game is even able to load properly before I go anywhere to play Ingress. Caught this at 530 am local time and went back to bed. Now 2.5 hours later and the issue still persists.

Wonder when they will create an alert for such issues in the future? Can't be that hard to create an alert when links for one portal goes above xxxx amount for someone to be notified...

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Cant sign in... just error load account data and the linkstar is continue creating massive server lag for everyone... great job

• Shitty servers...

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Sup? It'll be lagging whole Saturday? How am I supposed to play on the weekend?

• So by downgrading the servers to make Ingress more sustainable, they basically made it impossible to do anything that is unique to Ingress, large scale operations...

Somehow, I'm glad we don't have any anomalies currently. Because the old servers sometimes had a hard time, I'm sure these new servers would fail disastrously.

• Get the 2 hand server from ubisoft?

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @ofer2 , that is actually a good point in the second paragraph here. How will the servers handle an anomaly if they are handling linkstars that badly?

• Hulk32Hulk32 ✭✭✭

I'd assume they'd book larger/fasterservers for anomalies, since current ones won't support so much traffic.

• Same here. I am in, but nothing is working quite right. XM gets absorbed, but my meter isn't filling. Recharging kinda sorta works. And I can't hack even though my XM gets taken for the hack.

• Oh well, this did bite me today while I was trying to capture some unique portals today in a city where I hadn't played before. Didn't mess things up completely, but was still annoying :P

As for the linkstar possibly causing this, I don't feel like it's the player's fault. It's Niantic's problem to ensure that whatever players do, it won't make the game unplayable. Whether that's by more strict limits for the amount of incoming links to any single portal, having fancier automatic scaling to temporarily bring up more server resources or something else, it's up to them.

• Hi, and welcome to the forum twinbrother 😁 i had exact the same thing, new town, lot's of uniques... But the server/the Japanese decided something else.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

The Japanese didn't decide anything, so stop blaming them. I didn't see many of these people complaining about the star of last month

• Djeez, why do you think a mentioned the server? And where did i say that i blame the Japanese agents?

It's the server who can't handle linkstars like that, but it still are Japanese agents who decided to make one. Nothing wrong with facts.

• It's a POGO community day seeing how POGO and Ingress use the same servers it only make sense that on community day's the Ingress servers would be effected.

I assume tomorrow will have the same server problems then everything goes back to normal tell the next community day.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

Its worried that niantic didnt say something that they are aware of the issues lastnight, is there really no staff during weekends when things can and usually breaks down ? it dont look good when game suffered massive slowdown worldwide and no response in twitter, tg channels or social media etc....

This was not the first and not last linkstar that will be made, who knows when the next one will be, perhaps next weekend ??