Active Sync and the Trekker Badge

With the recent breakdown showing active sync may be coming what do you think should happen with the Trekker badge? Lets face it there is a huge difference between getting Onyx in Trekker under the current mechanics of the game and, if applied like the other games, just carrying your phone or syncing a watch and never even playing Ingress.

Its one of those badges I notice when its Onyx in a profile, which is why I ask.

I almost feel like Trekker should be retired or maintained as is and a new badge introduced. Full transparency I am sitting on 2084 Kms so I would miss out on Onyx if they did retire it.

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

I think, let Adventure Sync count for Trekker. That’ll be an easy badge for everyone to get. Those who have got it can get the nice recurse wings on it later.

I think also, have a Kinetic Capsule badge (whether it’s amount of recipes crafted, or distance walked with capsule active) that would help too.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think a new badge would be most ideal.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

More nice if we can get free CMU if we walk lots of KM. If we like to get X2 CMU we must pay for subscription.

@NianticBrian

Post edited by jontebula on
  • PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder though with the subscription when we get to Year 9, will subscribers get 9X CMU events or special gifts through the year at random times too? That’d be good.

• All the wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth over Trekker. What does it matter if there's an easier Platinum badge for 15 and 16 than it was "when I did it"?

You'll get credit just like they will. I, for one, will welcome far easier efforts to use the Kinetic Capsules, and if some more people get a Black badge from being energetic little gym bunnies? So be it.

I have Triple Wings Trekker already and it really doesn't matter to me that someone else gets credit for walking to the shops while not playing.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

The last thing Ingress needs is another easy badge. Although you could make the connector badge a little more realistic.

Way only badge for nothing. Time for Niantic to give all agents free CMU for hard work or somthing new items not only badge for everything in Ingress. We need something new to do in Ingress. Now i feel every time Niantic do somthing new we only play for badges. Say we level upp dages and earn free CMU and items.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

When you recurse, you get apex from levels 2-8, so it's not true they aren't giving us free stuff to level up faster. They gave us beacons, frackers (a year ago). It's true that sometimes you feel we are playing for badges, but is because the playerbase demands it as well (see the drone badge discussion).

I agree with you in some points but laaaargely disagree with the rest of them.

Hope Niantic give us spmthing special if we run Recursion. Hold more XM and somthing special only for Recursion. Now nothing new happend if agents run Recursion only the badge. I heard about somthing i cant remember now. Niantic plan somthing we must do Recursion to get. Can some agents what is it. Hold more xm and more inventory?

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

If you watched the interview with Brian, he acknowledged that it should be a benefit for recursion, besides the badge, he didn't forget it, Just there are other priorities, do you want a benefit when the game has plenty bugs? They are going to introduce new stuff, give them time, stuff needs time to develop. You should be aware of it,

edited October 2020

Did you have the link to Interview with Brian? If agents alreday complete Recursion agents get the advantage in foture or must agents play Recursion again?

edited October 2020

If agentcomplet Recursion today they get the advantage in foture or must all agents play Recursion from start when Niantic relese advantage in foture? I hope Niantic relese all agents must complete Recursion when they relese advantage in foture.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

All the agents who recursed we will get it, in fact, we've been getting some benefits:

-scanning portals testing

-The chance to buy battle beacons

I don't recall more, but reaching lvl 16 has some benefits to test stuff before anyone else

I dont care about Recursion if the advantage only are test things first and we never can get it permanent for free. I hope we can get somthing permanent for free we only can get for complete recursion.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

I've just mentioned it to tell you that Ingress cares for high level players to test stuff before letting others experiment it. The permanent stuff will come, but you need to be patient. Everything takes time and the game has plenty of bugs, the game has higher priority. On top of that, they are going to implement new stuff, just be more patient.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@jontebula just recurse now, or else when new features get released you will be low level and won't be able to enjoy. Just recurse as soon as possible so you will get lv16 back again sooner too, and enjoy being recursed lv16.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

A badge, wings on all 2xonyx, an emblem on your name for recognition and the FUN of leveling up again, along with a lot of VR items and apexes at each level up kit.

• I kinda hope they retire the trekker badge and give us a new badge for newer active sync system.

Maybe make the new badge harder seeing how it'll be easier to get.

• I believe that activesink should not in any way affect the trekker medal. trekker should be counted as before. The distance traveled with the activesink can be displayed in a new profile line

Trekker is a very simple medal. no need to simplify yet

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

It wouldn't change a thing for me, old medal 🤣

• No, keep the real badges real. The original set of badges are what I look for for people's ability to play.