Key lockers

2»

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

You're doing prejudice now. Age has nothing to do with it. That's why ps5 have 2 version, with disc slot and without it. They offer both cloud games, physical and digital version.

• For clarity, that 2nd version is so you can play all the old games still. They offer new stuff on physical media, but they don't sell very well.

Regardless, Niantic needs to actually make money. Not make another key locker that burns out after the initial rush.

I know they need revenue, but I think they won't get it just with inventory. The subscription need stuff like bonuses on AP gain, etc.

• edited October 2020

The subscription will have a monthly inventory pack, extra space, CMU, and "something else". Apex can be bought for extra AP using the CMU.

I meant more like game changer features, like 1.1xAP, extra range, less waiting time for drone hack, extra range on drone, on mor r7 or r8 to deploy, etc. Real advantages.

The something else is that leaked badge I guess.

I would actually buy it the way is speculated to be right now (more inventory slot e item package basically) if I ever went to a anomaly. But in that case I would be mor interested in a week package of extra slot, not a full month.

But I'm getting out this discussion because is just my personal opinion, we had to wait to see what Niantic will actually provide, and them are hey will have the numbers to see if it works as planned. Until there is just speculation.

• The something else is that leaked badge I guess.

Probably not. The teardown also had an icon that appears next to your name that wasn't the 'something else'.

I really think the teased badge is a verification badge, based on the appearance.

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydraulinski dont engage perring.

He has never agreed with a forum post in his life. Just a player who wants to play devil's advocate for kicks. <3

Isn't productive until Niantic staff read it 🤔😂

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

They've said they read all of it, just would be nice if they'd respond. I truly believe real communication and frank conversations would do so much for this game, this community. An hour or two a week responding to bugs, giving us updates and talking about their experiences while playing the game would be so productive. But, continued silence... I also get that even a single peep turns into mini-AMAs and a constant stream of tags to employees.

• I'm totally agree with you. The owners should fix the problems and bugs in the game but also take care of the users, after all we are the community and they should listen to us

• I know for a fact they watch the back and forth.

Letting one side say something you disagree with, and ignoring it, ensures they only hear that side's opinion. They might disagree with one or both sides, but if I feel that a suggestion would make the game worse, I'm not just going to ignore it.

And regarding the discussion there is "something more" that no-one has identified yet, beyond a badge, or CMU or even the monthly items. It could be premium items, but as yet none of the teardowns or employee hints have said what.

• edited October 2020

after all we are the community and they should listen to us

That implies that the community's views are what they need to listen to in order to continue with a successful product.

While personally I agree with you, Niantic has had 7 years of acting as if they "know better" than the community. They're actually doing better now, than in previous years, even back in the Google days, but it still feels like a struggle to get acknowledgement of that. @RedSoloCup definitely listened to everything, but it was always questionable how much Niantic listened to him.

Brian is definitely hearing everything and they're reading the forums, but Ingress still has a long way to go before it will recover it's old strides in community and enjoyment at scale. The slow pace of change is probably more to do with the tiny development team and not being able to cover all the things they want to do quickly though, based on what people like @ofer2 have said about recent work.

It comes back to the 'mighty dollar' and being able to afford more development staff, fron Ingress revenue, before they can really start producing faster.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

I believe it's a two way street. If there are no agents spending money, they can't continue. But if there is nothing for the agents to buy, they can't continue. My point being that if people continue to leave the game for other forms of enjoyment or if current agents find no reason to recruit new agents, it can only last for so long, even if money is coming in.

I'm by no means saying they have to take action on our every whim and demand, but in my opinion, they're damn near ignoring us. The iOS 14 ban wave was more or less swept under the rug, mission backlog would be "looked into," among other issues. It's tough not to compare Ingress to the other Niantic ventures, but even outside of that, I feel more and more like a customer rather than a member of a community. I'm fine with mission approval taking another six months, if someone would come in here, explain the issue, ask for a pardon and tell us it will be alright. But saying they'll look into it and weeks later, seemingly nothing has been done, let alone a peep. C'mon...

• edited October 2020

I believe it's a two way street. If there are no agents spending money, they can't continue. But if there is nothing for the agents to buy, they can't continue. My point being that if people continue to leave the game for other forms of enjoyment or if current agents find no reason to recruit new agents, it can only last for so long, even if money is coming in.

I totally agree. Thus the repeated insistence that people hate me making, to have them actually provide the subscription so we can start giving them money to produce a better game.

Though to be fair, a large part of the reason many are still here, is because there isn't anything better than Ingress for a strategic community based geo-location game.

but in my opinion, they're damn near ignoring us

Not sure how long you've been playing, but that's been the status quo since 2013 at least. We've been trying to get them to make a better store offering since they broke from Google in 2015.

Though to be fair, a large part of the reason many are still here, is because there isn't anything better than Ingress for a strategic community based geo-location game.

To be honest, there's anything even like it, better or worse. DealT was very likely but died. Others games with location that I saw had nothing like ingress.

• I think that's why it's survived so long with so little. Because it fulfills a decently sized niche no-one else has been able to actually leverage. Probably because they looked at Ingress revenue and thought it wasn't worth it.

edited October 2020

I always felt like ingress was solid, complete. There wasn't really a lot of things to explore it for revenue, all we need was to get rid of cheaters. But them prime came along and made everything go upside down, it felt broken and weak for so long, still is is some aspects but now the door of new opportunities is wide open.

4-5 years ago I always wondered how ingress made money. There was only keylockers to sell.

• Simple answer was, they didn't and never have. Google supported it because more users = more internet = more ads seen. Niantic supported it because it paved the way for their cash cow, and John Hanke still has a soft spot for us.

More and more though the private investors are apparently pushing to see results or an end.