When 2.56.2 relese on Android? I dont get the update. 😪
Only Iphone get 2.56.2?
@NianticBrian Check this out:) Facing both on arm64(Redmi 4x+custom aosp7) and armeabi7(Samsung A3/16 on stock).
Also affecting iOS (iPhone X, OS 14.0.1)
Thank you for the update, beacons are a ton of fun! Can't wait until Agents organize homebrew anomalies.
Just a few bugs to report since updating:
No longer able to tap to change weapons in the weapon wheel, slide is required. (Rip muscle memory)
After viewing a portal with a battle beacon on it, leaving portal view on any portal flashes the scoreboard for a moment (persists until restarted, reproduceable)
Names of recursed agents don't always format correctly in the portal owner info.
Edit: perhaps a temp fix for the comm scroll bug would be a "scroll to bottom" button. Or a button that quickly scrolls while held if "bottom" is difficult to define.
I'm on 2.56.2 already, on Android? Updated yesterday.
1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.
2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)
3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when charging.
4. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen.
5. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.
6. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.
7. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should.
8. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.
9. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.
10. COMMs now don't go to the last activity, seem to be stuck at the beginning of a previous day. I have to manually scroll down, but when I exit COMMs and go back in, I'm again somewhere in the middle and not in the most recent activity.
11. Incorrect photo zoom/view. Keys don't properly show portrait photos, full screen photos don't properly show landscape photos. Also, Redacted had ability to rotate screen when viewing photos so both landscape and portrait photos can be viewed full screen.
12. Drone view doesn't show all the portals in the vicinity - some portals are not visible even though they are the same distance or closer to drone than other portals that are visible. Would be nice to know exactly how drones work without any guesses and tests.
13. When going into portals that are close to the edge of the screen and then going out, those portals disappear from view. If they have links on them, I can still see all the links converging at one point, but portal is no longer visible.
1. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.
2. Is it possible to get rid of "It has been XX hours since your last login. I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK, but I never understood the point of it.
3. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.
4. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?
5. No portal navigation like in Redacted.
1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.
2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.
3. Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.
4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.
5. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.
6. *supposedly fixed* When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.
7. *supposedly fixed* Can't reply to a player of the same faction in Cross-faction COMMs just by selecting Reply option. It goes to Faction COMMs, and selecting Cross-faction removes @<agent name>. Have to copy agent's name in Faction COMMs and then paste it to Cross-faction COMMs.
@Itsutsume I like how Ada says how long since the last login.
Considering how much of the old Ingress and new Prime has been removed. This is one feature that has little effect and adds much to the general aesthetic of Ingress as a whole.
Leave it in
2. Is it possible to get rid of "It has been XX hours since your last login. I was getting worried about you" for all players except for @Grogyan ? :-D
Yesterday my redmi with compass broken(bad battery broken screen) so i used reserve tplink neffos c7s without compass,and i use enl avatar.and i can correct you that arrow points straight north.
One of my devices has no compass, and I still experience the issue I described.
How about adding an extra slider to the sound and vibration options so we can set ADA's anxiety level?
I am sure some agents would love it :-D
How about, if you don't like it, turn off sounds.
Leave this feature in
There is no issue
This is mentioned with every release but the Google Play Store pushes updates through a staged rollout, it's a certain percentage initially and then it increases to 100 percent. If there's any major bugs, Niantic can pull the release and implement a quick fix to that specific release (x.y.1, x.y.2, etc)
Hope Niantic listen on Google and relese for exaple 2.56.3 or with next version quick relese if 2.57.2 have bugs agents get feedback about here on community.
How about if you like it so much, save that sound and set it as your ringtone or Ingress alert? 😄
That's what they do. Niantic seems to internally test the first releases and we get x.y.1+ as public releases.
That's kinda funny but i installed 2.56.2 from apkmirror (using SAI) on current device,and just now recieved update from play market...to 2.56.2(arm7 both).
So many disagreements with my posts, so many people need girlfriends 😄
Send the update I did last night, I cannot even load the game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I have rebooted my iPhone. And all I get is either the loading screen or a black screen.
There was an outage. You were probably trying to play when the servers were down. Should be allright now.
So many people dislike Prime that any reminder of the old client is a good one. Get off your high horse, you're in the wrong.
I am confused. When I was asking to bring back Redacted, I was told to shut up. Now apparently people like it better. Go figure :-D
Anyways, for me Prime itself is a reminder of how it was in Redacted. No need for ADA to miss me :-D
You do realize different people have different opinions right? I don't really need redacted back if they would just achieve feature parity already. It's not rocket science, and NIA knows what is wrong, they fixed things before. With all the things that is wrong with the client, intel, new features that are in the pipeline, whining about a single sound file seems like whining about nothing. I'd rather see them fix:
Etc, etc. That being said, I don't know what is wrong with that specific voiceline, it has been in the game forever and I think they should keep it.
You were told you were wrong, because you were. Redacted couldn't be brought back because the framework was deprecated.
Technical reason = literal impossibility.
That doesn't mean people didn't prefer the look and feel of that game.
So no, you were wrong there, and you're still wrong. Just racking up the different ways of being wrong.
Perhaps stopping to copy and paste the same list you present with every release update thread with what seems either small or minor issues since February.
It's a lot to expect Prime to be 1:1 with redacted when we're looking at different frameworks. I do want to say since its release almost 2 years ago, it does seem Niantic has been providing a majority of the solid functionality present from redacted.
Sorry, but I am not whining about a single sound file:
It's others who do, because that's the only thing that gets commented :-D
I like the fact he does that. Because it's easy to stay quiet and have these things forgotten about. And yeah, two years since we had it available to the users. But much longer in development, unfortunately. It's time some of the issues he keeps posting about get fixed. Along with new stuff that seem to get introduced with every update.
Wrong quote, haha!
There are some bugs that seem small to me. For example, some players complain (or used to complain) about link and field animations, saying when they tried to throw links fast, the game would freeze or something. I don't field that often, so for me it was not a problem. But if others report it as a problem, I'm not gonna disagree with them.
I don't believe my issues are small, as there is enough players who complain about the same issues as I do. There are people who complain that they still can't sort keys by name. There are people asking COMMs to be fixed. There are people who would like to have portal hopping. If you don't mind these issues, you don't have to complain, but please let us do so.
And my list changes as I find new problems and as old ones get fixed.
I don't know why there's such reaction to a suggestion to remove ADA's "I have been worried about you" as this is what gets commented the most :-D