Item Tracking

blightboyblightboy ✭✭
edited October 2020 in General

I stumbled in to this:

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/12299/update-on-intel-map-suspensions-account-bans

If I understood it right, Niantic can track who farmed and who delivered the itens that are used by cheater accounts, and who uses the itens farmed by those cheaters as well.

I wonder about the implications of this idea, It seems that there is a line that Niantic does not wants to cross when it comes to banning cheaters and the "validated" players using them.

Post edited by blightboy on
Tagged:

Comments

• because it is useless for Niantic to ban spoofers and multis accounts and those who donate items, that generally those who control these expendable accounts have a main account that ends up donating to them, but do not suffer any consequences for these main accounts.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes niantic can track every item and capsule, so meaning if someone would drop something on the ground that was farmed illegal by a bot and a player picks it up not knowing better, i dont think u get banned for this only positive the items and capsule can dissapear but i could be wrong.. would be sad if innocent players picking up capsules gets banned ,but i dont recommend anyone pick up capsules they dont know where they come from just to be sure.

• Indeed, innocent players could be damaged, but I pointed to the fact that It could be used to track the "cheater Net". People could get an warning telling when and where they picked any item farmed or transported by a confirmed cheater. Its a Tool that could be used to improve the game experience instead of letting some flyers run amok.

• If Niantic can track, it can be used for good. A scenario that I can think this would be useful: Niantic bans a spoofer, then they launch a quick investigation to see if this spoofer account got items (keys, XMPs, power cubes or whatever) from another account. If so, that account goes out as well. Easy as that. I'm not saying this would end spoofers, but it would be a complication for them.

For the black market, I guess Niantic is already doing what they can.

But it seems that they lack interest in doing so, like @Crisdiloreto told: it's better for them to keep spoofers easy buying things from store.

• @00frod0

if this spoofer account got items (keys, XMPs, power cubes or whatever) from another account. If so, that account goes out as well. Easy as that. I'm not saying this would end spoofers, but it would be a complication for them.

So if I drop keys for a friend and a spoofer happens to pick them up, I would get banned too?

Yeah, that sounds fair

• Did you seriously ignored the part where I say "Niantic should launch a quick investigation"?

Yeah, that sounds right.

• From when would you start banning the source of the items (if they were acquired legitimately)?

If you stick a number to that, people will make sure to keep below it.

Have you ever seen the amount of keys scattered around anomaly sites afterwards? Spoofers could have a field day getting legit accounts banned

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

No ofc not, if u drop something u farmed or hacked yourself on the ground u take no responsibility where that capulse goes. Niantic tracks down items that are hacked or transfer on suspicious bot accounts etc that are not legal hacked.. so dont need worry.