[Feature Request] See who charges on a portal when attacking

It seems we are sometimes fighting charge networks when attacking 'certain' portals. They seem to be impossible to beat,

It would be very nice to be able to see who is charging on a given portal when attacking it. It could just be in the attackers feed and it could just be a summery or something every 5 - 10 seconds

This way we would have a better chance of knowing if we are attacking against charge networks/pocket accounts or not.

Tagged:

Comments

• ? what did policing had to do with it... I expect NIA to police, having best guesses at fraud by input from local players.

Yea, it spy vs. spy vs, foul players. Knowing who attacks you gives at least SOME insight into spoofers, and the same effect would be achieved by being able to see if 4 players never seen on the grid before they suddenly starts to defend given portals. You could also argue that we should not be able to see who attacks as its a spy vs. spy game, and you have to lure around to see who it is instead of using intell :-)

Im just tired of not being able to take down given portals having strong suspicions about bot-chargers.

• Im just tired of not being able to take down given portals having strong suspicions about bot-chargers

What would you do with this information? Accuse the rechargers? This is what "Ingress Policing" is.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to add, I thing that all players profile should be visible, and remove the hide profile option (or make it paid).

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

How about fixing notifications to make non-english users see who attacks Portal at first?:)

• I don’t understand why you need to know who is recharging? It’s a perfectly legitimate action so what would you do with that information?

if you’re struggling to **** a Portal are you a high enough level to be killing it? Are you using US to knock off mods? Are you using high level XMP with a Hypercube on?

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

While I don't agree with your suggestion, I want to know why sometimes is too hard to take a portal while they are recharging, the system is supposed to be sided to portal destruction, not to portal maintenance

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably to spot the multiaccounters, with 2+ phones with unknown "agents" ready to recharge the same portal or all portals from a cluster/farm simultaneously.

I think is a valid information to have, like a top10 rechargers of that portal.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

This functionality would give up strategically important info. If I, as an agent who lives in a city, have suddenly started charging a remote portal, obviously I might need it for some kind of operation. It will also indicate which agents have which keys, so you won't be able to surprise another faction with an unusual BAF so easily if the other faction checks the rechargers lists often and gathers info.

I'm interested in undercover plays, sudden BAFs and other stuff which makes us, well, Agents. So I'm not fond of such transparency.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

This is adfitional load for our server(s),they're not capable to work stable because of one linkstar,so i don't think this is nessesary.And what for,shields are alreafy nerfed and everyone got enough US,it's very common for me to see "neutralised" without "attacked" with no chance to charge(not flippef,ruined in 1 sec).

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

I applaud the thinking, but don't think it's good in practise.

What should be implemented though, is not stat hiding. There is no real valid reason to have it. If I accuse someone of having a backpack mule account, BAM, suddenly that accounts stats go hidden, usually followed up with an account rename.