Recursion, yes or no?

I'm in the level 15 and I'm thinking about recursion. I've seen people that recurse just when they reach level 16 and people that have a lot of AP and they never recurse.

I also know people that have changed the faction after the recursion.

I would like to know your opinion and facts to recommend or not to recurse. And if you want you also can explain your case.

Thanks

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not recursed and dont plan to have 275m ap... i dont see any benefits i value the lvl 16xm tank bar too much i guess.. but most seem to hop on the train to recurse i am not one of them.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to keep getting the level up packages (which seem to be the best way to get VR mods anymore), yes. If you don't care about those, no.

There's zero benefit to recursion outside of that, and getting the badge upgrades, right now.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have plenty of portals and time to play, go for it and you're gonna soon be lv16 again. It took me 13 months to get lv16 again after my recursion, but that was only because the quarantine, which prevented me from playing, without it I would probably recursed at April or may at best. I'm ready to recurse again and by this same date next year I'm gonna be lv 16 again.

On my glory days last year I was able to make 1.2 million AP in a single day, now with the apex I can make even more than that easily. So unless you don't have time to a more hardcore playstyle or if you're a recharger, the recursion is highly recommended in my opinion.

The advantages are purely cosmetic thou: you get a red UI, brand new badge, and adornment in yours 2xblacks.

It is basically a optional goal in your journey, a new game+ in your save file.

• Do it once, and never more. Preferably hit 40,000,000 AP exactly, recurse, then don't again.

It doesn't really motivate you to play, just frustrates you with low XM for the first 12 levels, then annoys you that you aren't getting the most out of your Hypercubes till 16. Once is enough to get the wings.

• It is nice to be able to reach 8 in a lot quicker then when you first started. I pushed to 16, now when i have the time, i enjoy the more leisurely pace of reaching for it again.

• I recursed at 44444444 AP

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

I figure that if you're going to continue to play, you may as well recurse. Otherwise the AP you earn just goes to waste. You can get back to Level 10 or 12 fairly quickly and by then the XM bar isn't an issue anymore anyway.

It's really up to you whether you see any benefit in recursion.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I have recursed twice now, each time I have done so, was because once you reach L16, the gameplay stagnates.

However, the reason for Recursion/not, may be different

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to know your opinion and facts to recommend or not to recurse.

Decide what makes the game fun for you. Decide whether recursion fits into that.

My first recursion was shortly after Prime came out, when it was the shiny new thing to try, and a few of us decided to make it a race to see who could get back to L16 first. My second recursion was immediately after I reached L16 for the second time, because I like having "the next level" as an arbitrary goal to work towards.

• Sagitario14Sagitario14 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

I agree with a lot of posts here:

✓ I like having "the next level" And it help me to achieve more Onix badges than just staying on L16. That's the most important reason for me to keep recursing even facing a terrible XM capacity.

✓ ...because once you reach L16, the gameplay stagnates. After my Recursion 4 I decide not to do it again, but after 5M AP (45M) I changed my mind, now I'd have 23M AP instead only 18M AP in the Recursion 5.

it’s definitely worthwhile for the kit you get from levelling up. But now I have a lot of VR gear and poor inventory size. It's hurts my brain how many times I have to decide which gear I'll recicle.