Farming and COVID-19 Pandemic.

With the end of double 8 deploy, NIA sending the message that not care about their players,

covid19 is still goin and still a big heath issue, by ending double 8 deploy

means more crowded group 😑

Comments

• There won't be as many level 8 portals. On the other hand, you won't be using up as many level 8 resonators. Personally I'll be deploying 8s everywhere I can.

One agent can still deploy 6 (87766554) and two agents can still deploy 7 (88777766) but only if everyone deploys max level resos.

I expect both factions here to start hunting down level 8 portals soon.

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

This is exactly what I'm seeing locally as well. It is simply not safe to do 8-person farms right now, and I believe this change is extremely ill-advised at this time.

• Sagitario14Sagitario14 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Ito- and Ito+ in L7 portals will give a certain L8 stuff anyway, increase output... I've farmed in a L6 portal and my inventory has L7 gear enough to use and recycle.

• Tbh if we can adapt in pandemic for anything non ingress related, why cant we for the game? 7s are still good

• Yes, but I'm talking about FARMING!!!

you know when you get 8 agent to build a lvl8 portal to use frackers and VR items!

with this changes we need more people to build a farm

and with this pandemic going not safe to get a crowded farm .

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I farm whatever is available to me. The Drone works well for standing P8s, with P6s and P7s for day to day play.

While it was good initially to have double R8s, it has been massively overdue to review it, double R7s means you can make a solo P6, while the gear isn't optimal, getting out or organising with others to buff portals on their daily walk around the block with social distancing will still yield fair usage gear.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

exactly those that are against removal of double r8 make it sound that u are forced by niantic gather a group of 8 in a circle singing kumbayaa or? i dont get their arguments, plenty of ppl in TG chats i am in wanted this double r8 to go away and i guess niantic finally listened on our requests.