Sonny Day STARBURST
Name: A Sonny-Day
Purview: Cause Organised Chaos
Reason: Wingham Wildlife Park, is an idyllic garden of amazing, exotic animals, inside the Garden Of England: Kent, and after visiting, creating portals, using them for the improbable.
Format: Starburst (noun alt - Opalfruit: confectionery name-change) a sweet, panic-inducing, county-claiming, mass-agent-action. All links to one portal. Max Bang for Buck.
Keys Are Life: Farm ~ (Set-up x Effort x Time Investment)
Standard Protocol: do not recharge, allow portals to decay, do not link; warn uninvolved players; give as little away to RES as players can; drink(s)(ss); worry(fret); repeatedly ask same questions; key exchanges; kit swaps; farm resos, farm resos.
*Our amazingly detailed plan.
Necessities: Non-sleep deprivation; be where you should when you should; batteries; wires: water; food; warm-weather clothes (those warned weren’t always forearmed); sense of humour
Optional: secondary sense of humour; energy; banter
- Sonny58 (plan, farming and team leader)
- The Trolls (race-workhorses):
- SahanaTrolls(the talent)
- TerryTrolls (just a driver/rower)
- ShailTrolls (mule/comedy relief)
- Zeebass (team motivation, sniper, fixer)
- Knightnuada (intel)
- Jimbobwai (running his plan; actual running)
- EpicGinger (team whip)
- FieryLilac (coastal queen)
- LegionUK2 (all-round everything)
- Chipperlarter (forbearance)
- clathrate (plodder)
- At peak/once:1058 (plus 8 outgoing made the fortuitous and very accidentally historical 1066); probable overall: 1300
- Enough to be worried about 1K aim.
- Ashford; Sheppy; Charing; Canterbury; Challock; Chilham; Old Wives Lees; Wye; Dunkirk; Wingham; Birchington; Westgate; Margate; Broadstairs; Ramsgate; Whitstablee; HerneBay; Faversham; Selling
- Bloody EVERY town (“I was looking at the portals, not the name!”)
- End results
- Throwing links
- Dropping fields
- Heading to targets
- Synchronised start with GO!
- Elation of hitting 1000 links
- Actually getting out of the car
- Levelling up while being a dot amidst 300 railroad-like links
- "Nia announcing end of extra portal hacks in the middle of us gathering keys for the op; meaning we had one week to go turbo on key gathering"
- Signal...always signal!!!
- We had a spoofer add resonators to the starburst portal overnight, for which they got banned within a day of reporting, thanks to the right channels.
- Auto-chat reading in-car
- Freezing cold on a costal PITA portal
- Achy legs
- Scrambled eggs; Veggie sausage slices; Sausage slices; Cereal bar; Water; McD****ds; Monster M*nch; Fr*dge Raiders; Diet C*ke; Har*bo; Chocolate; Beer; Sausage sandwich; Countless cups of tea
- “My entire life? I mean, lots. Farming as life. I was fixated on keeping simple fields over the play area to suppress activity; innumerable work hours.”
- 200+ people hrs on the day
- 400+ by car
- 20+ by running
- 18+ by foot
- 5+ by scooter
- £X00 (season tickets to wildlife park, fuel, bus tickets, parking, food)
- While parked at a throwing portal, suddenly a farm gate opened and lots of chickens ran out from their enclosure
- A taxi driver who didn’t understand multiple destinations
- Bobby Caldwell What You Won’t Do For Love
- Countless robotic sat nav voices
- Bad dance music our partners don’t like
- 22 intel screenshots
- Tea; tea; tea; tea; tea; tea.
- Innumerable trips to the loo
- Panic over two res agents, who temporarily kept us under our 1K target
- Special shoutout to the trolls for doing two back and forths over 100 miles
Overall: our team image was a meerkat, inspired by Wingham Wildlife Park.
Image copyright Wingham WIldlife Park.
The End: while the weather was grim, and it wasn't a sunny day, it was a Sonny Day.