Ingress 2.56.2 Release Notes

This update includes bug fixes as well as subtle visual refreshes, including an updated Niantic logo on app start and inventory count on Map Screen.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed: Ghost Portals should not appear on Map Screen when a Beacon or Fireworks are used.

• Fixed: ACQUIRE button is disabled when selecting a dropped item out of range.

• Fixed: Use English-only for ALL TIME time span when copying Agent Stats to clipboard.

• Fixed: Tapping Send Message in Remote Portal View no longer causes a softlock.

• Fixed: On Cross-Faction Chat, sending a message to the same Faction keeps you on the current tab.

• Fixed: On Chat, can add multiple @mentions to a message by tapping an Agent’s codename and choosing Send Message.

Comments

• 👍️

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

subtle visual refreshes, including ... inventory count on Map Screen.

I wonder if we've having subscriptions soon, seeing as they were thought to increase inventory capacity and the refresh makes it so that you can see your inventory capacity.

• Since the 60FPS mode is now acknowledged,

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give ingame language selection

but nice fixes at least.

• No screen shots?

• Seems to be cosmetic update.

• Fixed: ACQUIRE button is disabled when selecting a dropped item out of range.

Yay! This has been a pain for so long

• • Fixed: Use English-only for ALL TIME time span when copying Agent Stats to clipboard.

LIKE for this.

but need to wait previous version phase out, all people get updated, then I can implement the REGEX check on our IFS stat submission form.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't like the colour scheme of the item quantity UI, please change this to white/light gray

• BlaumutBlaumut ✭✭✭✭

What is this link? I only scan portals, u never linked. Is it some gameplay mechanic??

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

@NianticBrian as said in this post, to me too this purple in inventory count doesn't look good. There's no this kind of purple color on the screen elsewhere so it doesn't match anything. Please change it to white, light gray, or more blue-ish color.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

link portals together, sometimes the scanner says no link available when there should be, only option is force restart which is very annoying since i must do this daily several times to throw links and field portals and this bug has been reported a milion times now... a gameplay feature shouldnt be this broken for so long imo.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see that the COMMS fix with the jumping is still on the agenda.

I wonder if the small visual update for inventory is linked to an updated inventory count for whatever the VIP Ingress subscription is going to be.

• @NianticBrian this whole comm scroll issue was working super stable with the initial Prime releases, why did you guys actually change things and introduce such a massive bug in the first place, when it now is super hard to fix it?

To me this simply feels like: "dear users eat it or leave it".

And to me, all these useless and even irrelevant features you are trying to introduce for your platform (e.g. this annoying portal scan ****, that now even takes 15 (!!!) seconds) that don't bring any value for the game play, are just prove, that you don't care about users at all.

Solve the game relevant issues listed below (in the pipeline for more than a year now) or lose your users in masses (as happening already):

- linking bug (impossible to link, although link channel is free, portal can still support outgoing links and target portal key is available)

- activities tab of comm scrolls automatically somewhere (either start or end after n seconds), which makes it impossible to scan the content

• BlaumutBlaumut ✭✭✭✭

OK I got it. Yes and it requires a true QA for Ingress :D

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
    • And we still have to wait 10-40 seconds after the game starts to see all portals/fields/links. I thought that was going to be fixed in this release?
    • How about 12-hour format being forced on iOS no matter what the system setting is (I want my 24 hour notation back, what is next, show link length in miles?).
    • What about letting us link reliably at any time? It's one of the core functionalities in this game, yet we have trouble linking long distances, especially around CP's. No feedback or acknowledgement from Niantic in any way, by the way.
    • Did you guys think about letting us see our own actions in the comms like it was in redacted? With AP gained, etc. While you're at it, remove all pictures from COMMS, all that whitespace is silly and we really don't need to see miniature versions of pictures you guys mess up after we upload them anyway.
    • How about portal hopping in the way it was in REDACTED? Remote view with the drone is all fun and games, but why did this not port over from REDACTED in the first place?
    • Please, for the love of all SBUL's, make portal scanning 5 seconds again. If you REALLY need more data, make it 8 seconds. Anything beyond that is going to turn people away from scanning.

And if you find the time, please pop into the iOS 14 debacle thread and give us the long overdue (6!!!! Days?!) update in regards to the infractions all of us got for upgrading to iOS 14 after NIA told us it's compatible? We are your beta testers, the least you can do is not straight up ignore us.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

has anyone got the new update, should it take days for it to reach us in android store?

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

If my experience is any indication, multiple days to a week is a fairly typical wait time from announcement to being able to download the new version from the Play Store. I assume that Niantic is doing some sort of staged rollout.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Update was release for iOS in the AppStore yesterday.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been 4 days since the announcement, but no update for anyone on android yet. Hello?

• DestroyerTJDestroyerTJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Nia😁😁 20k players, but update roll out as for 20m🤷🤷

• DestroyerTJDestroyerTJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Есть apk у кого-то? Ник в Телеге такой же😁