Game is lacking resources currently (badly)

2»

Comments

• You know the other thing all cloud providers provide? Scaling cost structures.

You get what you pay for, and right now we're not paying for a lot.

• Yes, I remember during the segtisalgoe starburst, it took minutes to deploy a portal, and linking was a lottery.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I have daily problem with links not going out just normal gameplay i have to restart several times a day so when a linkstar this size causes worldwide server issues im not really suprised it happens.

• That',s why they shouldn't neither change server infrastructure nor switch client from fast robovm to unity.

If there's one in a million chance to **** their pants, Niantic will do that.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

they had to abandon robovm was out of their control...

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots of agents have issues with linking where portals you have keys for will not show up for linking. Me and sseagle had that issue multiple times this morning when fielding up St Charles, MO.

I know @caderoux has this issue frequently as well. He might have some better details on replicating the issue or general information on it. I usually just cuss and restart the app or simply say F it & switch games.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Robovm is no longer supported. It's dead. There is no going back to it.

If you believe it's still alive, please by all means, post your source.

• @Bumuruk

I want the old scanner back!

To be clear, this has nothing to do with Prime, and everything to do with the fact that they've got the old Server spaghetti code running on reduced server capacity, because we don't pay squat for the game.

The game would have lagged just as hard using the Redacted client, and it's the same server code because they can't afford to pay enough developers to rewrite the server code to RWP while still providing us with the odd feature here and there. We bring in no revenue, and since Wayfarer was split away, and Portal Scanning became something PoGo can do too, Ingress provides no verifiable benefit or revenue to the company.

So they're 'trimming the ****' which means that they can't just throw cash at the server and make it go faster, when people do these sorts of things, like they used to.

• @nianticcasey why is "f a t" a restricted word. Seriously.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a catch 22 situation.

People want stable game. But there is no cash.

Niantic want to increase cash, but people won't pay for unstable game, and all the bugs **** players off.

I too suffer from bad lag recharging, delayed attack notifications, a COMM activity scanner that does not work right, available link options not always working and just general **** up stuff that requires a scanner restart every now and then.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Geez the forum filter went to town on my post. I didn't use any words that the minimum ToS age for playing this game wouldn't hear day in day out at school.

• Brit0martisBrit0martis ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

So you want a better game?

Here's how you get that better game. First, go into the play store and rate it 5 stars. What this will do is make both Android and Apple push the game to new users and with new users spending money, they will in turn, get more money to pay for those servers. You can also go in to the store and buy stuff.

You will never get the old RoboVm back. So stop asking for it. It's no longer supported. Period.

If you really hate playing this game, uninstall it and get off the forum. None of us want to hear about how you think the game is dead or your complaints if you are not playing or doing anything constructive to help this game.

Constructive help is welcome.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

An unfinished piece of something that doesn't deserve a 5 star rating.

I want to pay money for the game, but there is nothing to pay in it, damn it!

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

i will rate the game higher when they fix the comm/link bug, that is a serious issue for a very long time now and still not fixed. its been reported so many times now.. how much longer before it gets fixed? u cant ask us to lie to rate a game that feels just wrong imo.