[INTEL Error Message] Your account is currently suspended from Ingress.

Comments

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay. Well then I’m clueless about the cause. I consider myself tech savvy but support is no help and we get errors with instructions that don’t work.

@niantic please help :(

• MonkeyPeltMonkeyPelt ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

I got the IITC (and base intel) suspension and comms ban. First noticed it around 15:00 UTC on 9/21/20. Recursed lvl 14 on iOS 14 here. I was staring at the CZ starburst on Saturday and mashing F5, I was thinking that’s why I got it. The Gmail my account is tied to has periods "." in it, but the periods don't show up in the suspension warning in IITC.

I opened a support ticket last night and got the same response a previous user in here posted. Feel free to reach out if you want more data :)

Post edited by MonkeyPelt on
  • Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe, but I find it very strange I get the ban while working with iitc on desktop.

I really hope someone from Niantic puts us out of our misery soon.

• i have had the same issue since yesterday afternoon, I logged a support case and got the same response from NIA support as discussed. I’ve only established I can’t used comms either. Wayfarer and In game play is all fine too.

I just can’t see with out intel 😕

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Are you on iOS as well? Seems to be the common denominator. I just can't believe I did something to break ToS. Also no e-mails, no in-game messages. Just the error on the loading screen with instructions that do nothing.

I'm an active advocate against win-trading, multi-accounting and spoofing. I'm not even really that active in Ingress atm. And I wasn't using Intel on my Phone or the app itself when the ban occurred.

• You don't have to be doing something wrong at the time they ban you.

Niantic could ban you many days after you do something based on log analysis.

I know 2 players from my area who are intel banned, also using iOS 14.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but I feel it's not related to Intel. I feel it's not related to anything other than "using iOS 14", which makes no sense since I can still use the game on said iOS version, but no intel. It's all speculation and canned response until someone from Niantic notices this topic I guess.

• I think once an account get flagged and suspended from Intel/IITC and in-game COMMS, the ban would probably stay on for 7-10 days regardless of the platform being used (i.e. desktop browser, different phone, etc.)

Seems people are most likely to have issue & see the message saying they’re suspended when they’re logging into Intel/IITC to look at the map, unless they’re a frequent chatter in COMMS.

Chatter on the Telegram groups discussing this seems to point to iOS 14 being the common factor.

• Same issue for me, I've raised a ticket. Upgraded to iOS14 last week.

• Same for me. Map & chat ban. I’ve had iOS 14 for a week, I have no plugins on iitc for the record.

• Same issue here. Updated last week to iOS 14 and yesterday I had noticed that I can’t login to intel map.

• Same here this evening i can’t login on intel map

• I'm also affected. Start to play with IOS14 again after Niantic Announcement that Prime App 2.55 is ready and supported for IOS14.

Before with any 14er public Beta Scanner don't start.

• Same here. I upgraded to iOS 14 on release and got a soft ban a few days after.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

all we can do is wait for that ban update from niantic in the upcoming days see what the problem is or not..

• All known 4 cases in my area use iOS14

• +1 being banned. Using ITC on mobile and desktop, S2 grid plugin, iOS 14.

• Intel is picking up my AppleID address even when I log in using GMail explicitly. Nice bug.

• I got this too! Moved to iOS14 last week and everything was fine til I tried IITC Mobile (wanted to check a field I just created). Can obviously still login in here and no email received from Niantic...! Ingress still works...

• This actually sounds like it might be a valid part of the problem.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

iOS14, same.

• Same here a few days after updating to IOS14

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

This, so much this. The amount of work it takes to ban obvious spoofers is ridiculous. To have the system backfire like this because you update iOS; I really can't believe it. They should at least have something in place when you open the scanner after they instruct you to do so when you get the message on intel.

Ah well, I hope this gets sorted soon.

• Same here. IOS14. Game works fine, Intel/COMM is not.

I've been trying to talk to their support. They stick to their version, that I’ve been using modified third party stuff, but I haven’t.

• Afaik the level limitation on sending comm messages only applies to intel map, not the client.

• Are they saying "modified third party stuff" means "IITC"? That's where I saw the suspension message, but nowhere else. No email from Niantic. Ingress still continues to work so that's all I really care about. I'm sure they'll fix this mess, but it's really bad form on their part and certainly leaves a bad taste! Can't wait for the next "Agent: Let us know how we did" email from them.