Survey email ?

mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I read on TG groups some users are getting monthly email surveys ? I play daily more or less and i dont get them, why ?

Comments

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Because you’re playing daily? Maybe they’re looking for feedback from people who are playing casually/randomly and trying to figure out how to get them to play daily?

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

I play nearly daily and am getting the emails, signing in with my email account. Are you signing in to Ingress with your email account, Facebook, or other methods they might not have your email to send you the email. Also, make sure to check your Spam and other folders in case they’re getting sent there.

update: it might also be you need to sign up for emailed updates, etc. at the bottom of the Ingress homepage. Can’t remember if I did that or not.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

The most likely reason is that you unsubscribed from them.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Could also be that they're picking people at random.

• edited September 2020

Go to settings in Prime, and check your email settings. Do you have "Send me events, offers, and updates" enabled?

I play Ingress daily, and I've been receiving those monthly. Though it seems that since July, Niantic forgot my agent name.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

so i as a founder playing since 2012 am of no interest to niantic and share feedback u mean ? okay cool

edit: and yes i have "Send me events, offers, and updates" enabled".. duuh..

• If you want to answer how likely are you to recommend Ingress / Niantic to your friends and family every month on a scale of 1 to 10, send it to me and I'll answer for you. I don't even know if anyone looks at the answer. It feels like it is going into a black hole.

• edited September 2020

It's a random selection every month based on the pool of active players, and some retired ones.

Though seeing @theimmc's list, it appears some people are more 'random' than others.

EDIT: Well damn, I looked at my own emails, and except for a gap between August 2019 and Jan 2020, I get them every month too. Doesn't feel like it though.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

i saw also someone posted like every month got that email and some like me dont get them at all ? i find this very odd ....

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe try deselecting the “send me...” option in the app, force quitting, then reopening and re-enabling that option? Maybe also try resubscribing from the Ingress homepage? Just trying to suggest ways that might be able to help fix this issue.

Again, make sure to check your spam filter and any mail filtering rules you have set up, in case they’re being caught in Spam or one of the rules is automatically deleting them.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

A survey is a random collection of people.

Just like how Niantic makes decisions, it's all a mystery on what email list they use for this monthly survey.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

to me a survey should be sent out to all agents that has "send me offers" enabled, then its random whoever decides to give their input to niantic. i tried typing my email on ingress.com but im positive i have done that before maybe it will trigger something..

• As recommended above, try deselecting and reselect the opt in section in the game settings. A long time ago I had this selected but wasn't receiving any emails but doing this fix it at the time.