No photo and no reference , good reason to delete a portal?

ntzzntzz ✭✭✭

I've found a lot of portals in different locations that they have not got any image, and the title has not got any relation with anything.

Also, in same place, there are other good portals with titles and photo.

Is enought reason can't find the portal and also that they haven't got photo and his title is weird to appeal to remove them without letting the place without any portal?

What you would do in these cases?

Comments

• I would apply for a removal.

• JudyBJudyB ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

If there isn't a photo then it's one of the early "seed" portals (from a site called Panaramio) for which Niantic no longer have the rights to the photos. For most of these people have submitted new photos.

Some of the titles may be odd since these are mostly from the original user posts on Panaramio, although others probably came from Niantic. (We have one locally called "Portal with a lock")

So I would suggest reporting the portal as invalid but you will probably need to appeal here...

• Jac1891Jac1891 ✭✭✭

IMHO no.

Maybe a better solution would be to check before appeal/report: with a new pic could be a nice portal,

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you check to see if the location still exists and is not a duplicate if another portal? Those are the only reasons to have such portals deleted.

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

I'd view it as an opportunity to visit and capture the portal. Then take a picture so the portal can be updated. MOAR AP.

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

@JudyB @Jac1891 @Glenuendo @TheFarix maybe i don't explain quite well in the first message.

The title of the portals are so weird, like: 'Eduards' or ' Roger'

Without photo so i don't know for what are they related.

Also i check the location, but there are other legit portals with related things, but those locations are just houses without nothing relevant and no players playing there never.

• Jac1891Jac1891 ✭✭✭

@ntzz

I'm sorry, I didn't understand the problem. Ambiguous title certainly does not help. With proper names of person I would expect a statue or a commemorative plaque, If there is nothing similar in the area maybe the right solution is the report.

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭

@Jac1891 Don't worry, i explained a bit bad.

Maybe yes, i will make another check and if i don't see nothing, maybe i start reporting them, because there are more than 10 if i remember correctly.

• Jac1891Jac1891 ✭✭✭

@ntzz

Wow!! 10 portals without photos and you don't understand what they are!

The author must be a "genius" LOL

Good luck! :)

• @ntzz Well, you are talking about portals that do not refer to any real POI, so they should not exist.

• LemoMcLemonFaceLemoMcLemonFace ✭✭✭✭

Install pokemon go, see if it exists in that.

I've noticed many of the seed portals that currently have no image in ingress, do still have the images in pokémon go.

Might give you an idea of what it's supposed to be, and then possibly to update the photo /title.

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭

Thanks for info, i will check them in pogo asap.