Why is “AMA” not being held on THIS forum?

A player-based group “hosting” an official chat gives the appearance of favoritism. Niantic keeps directing us here, to their own forum, for communication.

Why is this (not “ask me anything” but “ask me only what the mods wanna let through limited to 10-15 questions”) not being done here? @NianticBrian

Tagged:

Comments

• PerringaidenPerringaiden ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17

Prominent people do private interviews with independent agencies all the time. The only reason the "AMA" is stated is that IUENG is soliciting questions from their readers.

It's not really an AMA. It's an interview with a handful of reader submitted questions.

If you ask *really really nice* you might get RGNN an interview.

If what I said is your point, then your post is pointless, because this behavior is completely valid and acceptable...

• jsylvisjsylvis ✭✭✭✭

It's not really an AMA.

Then why market it as such?

• jsylvisjsylvis ✭✭✭✭

ALL THIS BEING SAID, definitely it was not the happiest choice to include the word AMA, we thought of it as a common way to address such short question rounds but, in hindsight, this is not an AMA at all. We'll edit the post but any forwarded message will still have AMA in it.

Fair enough.

• “ALL THIS BEING SAID, definitely it was not the happiest choice to include the word AMA, we thought of it as a common way to address such short question rounds but, in hindsight, this is not an AMA at all. We'll edit the post but any forwarded message will still have AMA in it”

Thank you.

I did not name it and would not have. User-solicited, interviewer selected questions are definitely not an AMA.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

You can ask me anything. I can give my best answers but they won't be official.

This is an interview between what is the equivalent of the press corps, and Niantic.

This is not an AMA organised by Niantic.

Jeez, be grateful we're getting it at all. Niantic is under no obligation to do it, and kicking up a stink about the fact that it's not somewhere where you can personally **** them, will just confirm to the 'powers that be' that it shouldn't be done here again.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you subscribed to the telegram announcement channel?

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭

Which one, the official one from Ingress, or the AEIOU feed? Because the official one has no mention of this "AMA".

This is spoken like someone who has never participated in a company and has no idea what user engagement and satisfaction actually looks like.

This is spoken like someone who works regularly in a company that has revenue-negative products as well as high revenue products.

I can tell you exactly where our focus is, and it's not on the revenue-negative products.

Ingress's community has had a long term belief that we deserve far more attention than our revenue stream warrants. I would love to see far more communication and representatives, but we simply can't afford it. The fact that we're getting the Producer of the product to speak to a media outlet is far more than I can tell you those net-negative products I write, would warrant.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18

I believe Pokemon has a spoofing issue as well as a multi accounting problem.

If this is being ignored because it boosts revenue, please let us know so we can then shut up over the issues.

@NianticBrian doesn't speak for Pokemon, and I think that the Pokemon community managers would be upset if he did.

I realise that. Are you saying the departments are completely shut off from each other or just distracting from the main point?

Faction could be to get a 50:50 question range from both sides.

Good job making it a RES-ENL thing. 

Good job assigning blame to me. I'm not the one who's been claiming that IUENG has been ENL biased for years now.

From the OP:

A player-based group “hosting” an official chat gives the appearance of favoritism.

If you don't realize, this favoritism is claiming "ENL favortism", a regular refrain from the poster. I think if an independent group was going to get an interview, IUENG is the right group because it is unbiased.

But sure, go ahead and throw in a few ad hominems.

Are you saying the departments are completely shut off from each other 

When it comes to talking to the public, yes, they are directly instructed to limit talking about the other games. I'm sure Brian knows a lot more about Pokemon Go's plans than he says, but he's not going to discuss it for business reasons.