What is your longest drone flight distance?

My drone just got recalled after a 63 km flight from Dortmund to Krefeld, Germany?

What is your longest distance?

Comments

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭

Currently 71km, and I think that I have a few more until I hit the maximum possible in that direction. I think I can get 100km if I launch from somewhere other than home.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭

how can you do that?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

9km only.. ran out of portals inrange to jump to :(

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

0 km. Honestly don't care to bring my drone as far as i can 🙊

• Quoting from a email that sent from NIA.

INCREDIBLE DRONE FLIGHT DISTANCES FROM /U/M4DSEAS0NOne of our Agents, with Reddit username /u/m4dseas0n, put together two astounding Drone flight paths, one in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas and one in the greater Toronto area. The first path spans 222.3 kilometers from Goodenow, Illinois to Port Washington, Wisconsin. The second path spans 128.59 kilometers from Hamilton, Ontario to Courtice, Ontario, and relies only on existing Portals. 

• My longest is from my place to other side at 42km, will,plan better next time i feel like it with start at DBay so i can crack 50

• 43 km in Southern Finland. Couldn't figure out any longer possible path in the area where I live when I did that a month or two ago.

• To launch from somewhere other than home, you must physically go there.

I suggested a change of rules, so that you can launch from any of your keys ... and got nothing but dislikes.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

i know, i dont bother with that how long send since we dont have medal anyways... but why is it tracked then?

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭

@mortuus Niantic sometimes adds badges later for things that have been counted for a long time. Illuminator is a prime example of that. (I wish they'd do portal neutralized and fields/links destroyed.)

For some of us the number is more interesting than the shiny pixels on our profile.

• The drone is still in beta or "lets see what y'all can do with it" and maybe we'll add a V2 drone or something else. Unfortunately, there hasn't been much said since, I think because most of their efforts seem to be placed on portal scanning and the battle beacon thing. I fear the drone was a quick idea to help deal with covid-19 and keep sojourner streaks alive. Would love to see them come back around to this and a medal would certainly be nice.

• 9 km. And ran out of portals in sight.