Ingress gameplay @Lisboa, Portugal

Greetings everyone!

My agent name is BomRapaz, I am from Lisboa, Portugal and I have been playing Ingress since January 2018.

This is my first time posting here and I want to share with everyone the current situation of the Resistance community here in Lisboa. First of all, i made great friends over this time, we shared great moments together and it has been a blast playing this game but unfortunately nothing is perfect and there's a big problem going.

There is a group of players (most of them playing since Year 1, 2 and 3) trying to manipulate every agent that plays in the area (The whole capital). They won't let you make links, capture a portal with full deploy or even recharge certain portals. The reason? Ingress Cycles. Which by the way, they have won every single one in the past year and a half. The interesting part? Most of these guys don't even play the game anymore, once a month with luck but they still want to act like "generals" and decide the course of the game for everyone.

I am not saying that you shouldn't play as a team to win cycles and make big fields over and over, definitely not! But the map is for everyone and as far as i know, there isn't any rule that says that you can't play the way you want. Now if you want to play as a small group of agents and make your own rules, nobody will stop you, but keep them to you, and only to YOU.

I mean, obviously the competition is important and everyone wants to win, but there are other agents around, they also want to play the game and they are forced to leave because they simply can't play the game, otherwise they get harassed on Telegram. Over the time I've seen new players coming (trying) to the game and they just end up quitting because... there are "rules" and you can't play freely.

Last year I got tired of this and decided to start playing only with the agents that I do enjoy spending time with making whatever we want. Left most of the groups, joined others with the ones that I care about and I can tell you how much fun I am having right now. I can now play with whoever i want, where i want, when i want and without the others crying on my shoulder. But wait there’s more. Recently I was playing with a friend and apparently he got banned from their channels because he was playing with me. ????

How ridiculous and immature is this behaviour? We’re talking about people between the ages of 30 and 60 years, grown adults. THIS IS A GAME, GROW UP! It’s free and open for everyone within the Niantic Rules, not your rules. I don’t even know these guys and they want to make up rules for me? Force me to play the game the way that they want? Who the hell are they? If you want respect, learn to respect first.

NOBODY HAS MORE RIGHTS THEN THE OTHERS 

Just wanted to share what is going here. I am not looking for an answer or a reply from anyone, just sharing my opinion and I speak for many other players who are facing the same situation. We’re just tired of these baby adults trying to run the game and ending up ruining everyone's game experience. So next time if you come to Lisboa, you’ll know what to expect :)

This doesn't affect me anymore, but still decided to share with you guys, i am sure that there are players in the same situation. Don't let them tell you what to do, play the game and have fun! That's are games are meant to.

#FreeGameplay

Love from Lisboa 😘

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

that sucks.. sounds like toxic players that want everyone to play by their rules... the game is for everyone i would just ignore them and play without them, nobody want play with such players and they are bad for the game.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad to see agents willing to get away from this kind of structure. You are the true Resistance.

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

Whoops me, i didn't let ENL field or link for 20 days (slow decay then) in Brussels 😂🙊 But it's mainly a part of brussels where barely people are playing and it was for the HCF6 :p

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

I may understand some order in case of there were few portals, the game remains unplayable with everything fielded.

I never cared about cycles, it's good to know more people are following those steps.

• For sure! I love the game and nobody is going to ruin my experience.

Plus i have alot of friends to play with! Friends that don't live for the game as some people in Lisboa do 😂

• Well, i can't say that we have few portals, that would be a lie. The portals networks has been growing alot in Lisboa, altough if you field 90% of the city with huge fields, the game remains unplayable aswell. We're taking about 18 months without losing a single cycle for a huge lead! It's just non-sense.

I can tell you that i used to play for the Cycles, it was crazy and i can add up to a total of 337,767,406 MU's captured over the years.

What i am trying to say is that i am not against the Cycles, but everyone should play the way they want because there are no rules for linking and fielding 😉

It's a shame that a bunch of nerds who live for the game, (over their own jobs) 😂, are trying to ruin it. Thankfully I don't live in Lisboa anymore, but just wanted to share with you guys what's going on there.

💙💚