Ingress 2.55.1 Release Notes

Comments

• HemlokHexHemlokHex ✭✭
    edited September 2020

Recent bugs for me include

Cant drop caps, despite checking loc, upon entering inv, loc skates about 500m away, requiring checking 100 keys and going to retrieve your valuable 100 rare shields. We are under lockdown in Melbourne, I have lost 140 shields in 2 days because I can't go out overnight to get them and they decay. Multiple agents at same address having this problem.

Doubling of mufgs requiring close and restart, as one cannot drone hack when inv is at 2,745 items ugh

The usual constant blank screen when ordering keys by alpha, restart again. Restart restart restart is my most common ingress action.

In response to above, those of us used to redacted, always seeing an agent name along with a portal name onscreen, a rolling update where you can easily see what's going on around you, find the comms bug infuriating. I spend 10mins trying to find out one event, I scroll to the bottom just to end up back at the top. This is a VERY longstanding bug. Please fix it.

On the positive, i am pleased to see pretty patterns reappeared in my layered fields. Cheers.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

So, did you guys stop the rollout or something? Still no update available in the AppStore.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Been getting sent to the freezer and forced to reboot if the portal I want to link out if has too many choices.

• Seeing the plethora of issues with this release, I wouldn't be surprised they stopped the rollout...

Guess we'll have to wait another week

• I'm gonna put my two cents worth in here. (((((Please fix Comm)))))

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

comm needs so badly fixed, same with the link issue... 2 critical bugs to fix iwonder when ? its been reported so many times and long now....

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it’s going to be a while. The bugs in this release are bad enough to warrant delay. I do wonder why these things are not being detected in a closed beta release. Makes me wonder if the devs even play their own game...

• I have a question.

If I delete the Ingress account, will the Pokemon Go account linked to the same email be deleted? Or is the Pokemon Go account linked to the same email safe after only the Ingress account will be deleted?

• The Android update rollout seems to be slower than usual or is the update on hold?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, we’ll get a sorry and thanks for the heads up (about the new bugs) and we’ll be waiting a few more weeks :D

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Well. I uninstalled 2.55.1 and installed 2.54 from apk. What can i say...

Recharge in 2.55 is so damn slow. Firstly they break balance with itoen-,then with vr/axa nerf,now with charging. Seems to be even more disbalance to attackers,which is not correct

Next,how about removing "xm reserves...scanner online good work" audioasset? Simply sound about how many xm percent is enough.

Then,notifications and language...i don't care about iOs users because they've got native selection,and i'm not gonna buy any iOs device. I need notification sound selection(as it was in 1.**) and language selection(also as it was in 1.**). Stop building the same(excepting passcodes). Language selector - i need that just to see attack alerts grouped with name of attacker(as in English) not the spammy thing as in for example Russian. Maybe also about MU amount in COMM.

Then,rarity of builds. Why not one per month not one per two weeks?

Then,about beta? How about google store beta channel for those who want? Not for those who you choose as was in alphatest of Prime,but for those who know what is adb logcat as an example. Or even without store,direct link on server?

Then,about safetynet and twrp/root check. Don't you know that it can be bypassed easily,so this ridiculous "defence" just wastes few seconds of launch-time and cpu resources? And as an alternative,we can't launch ingress without s****y Google services(microG can't due yo safetynet),even if we use only Facebook login.

Oh,and drone,i told before,it is laggy.

• I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ running Android 10 on Verizon. I have been scanning portals with no problems until around the time of this update. Now when I enter the menu, the "scan a portal" option is missing. Has anyone else had this problem?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Charging portals was my preferred way to use APEX during these times. I guess I'll have to hold off buying more if 2.55.1 made charging painfully slow.

@DSkatauri, I appreciate your feedback. May I ask how were you able to obtain the latest update before most of us?

• We've started the iOS release so Agents on iOS 14 beta should see the update for 2.55.1 on App Store shortly. Ingress should no longer crash on app start with iOS 14.0 (18A5373a), which should be the latest available beta 8 release.

We've been working to address the COMM issues but, as you're aware, our speculative fixes haven't resolved this. Thank you for your patience while we continue to work on this issue.

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭

So my overall boot time hasn't changed to getting to the map, however now instead of getting the ingress logo before the map loads, my screen is completely black for about 4-6 seconds, then quickly flashes the ingress logo as the map loads.

Intended?

• Ahora con la actualización, demora más de lo normal cargar el juego.

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Anyone else find that this patch fixed both the starting location of chat and the chat bugging out and jumping you back to where you first started?

Worthy of mention in patch notes if this was fixed on purpose.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

same for me, it loads faster but u still have to wait several seconds and more for the portals to actually load up, is this intended @NianticBrian ?

• My launch time seems faster on whole, on my Pixel 2XL, but I do see the black screen for a few seconds.

• Yeah I was excited to see the fast load time but I just awkwardly waited for the portals to load.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Just appeared for me in the iOS App store, I wonder why the long delay?

• Same as always? It's released on a slow rollout on Android, they make sure there's no issues, then when they're sure, they enable full rollout on Android and iOS.

Right now they probably aren't getting the same played hours as before the pandemic, in that first week, so it takes a bit longer to get the confidence.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, at least they're supporting iOS 14, it's coming out today for everyone.

• @NianticOfficial SInce 2.55, after pressing the Portal Scan recorder button to stop recording, the cancel button is displayed in the same location on-screen. This has lead me to inadvertently press cancel - pretty poor UI experience.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone finding reso drop to be very laggy since update? It's now so laggy that bus/tramgress is not possible. Design? Or bad tech?