THIS THIS THIS!
Recent bugs for me include
Cant drop caps, despite checking loc, upon entering inv, loc skates about 500m away, requiring checking 100 keys and going to retrieve your valuable 100 rare shields. We are under lockdown in Melbourne, I have lost 140 shields in 2 days because I can't go out overnight to get them and they decay. Multiple agents at same address having this problem.
Doubling of mufgs requiring close and restart, as one cannot drone hack when inv is at 2,745 items ugh
The usual constant blank screen when ordering keys by alpha, restart again. Restart restart restart is my most common ingress action.
In response to above, those of us used to redacted, always seeing an agent name along with a portal name onscreen, a rolling update where you can easily see what's going on around you, find the comms bug infuriating. I spend 10mins trying to find out one event, I scroll to the bottom just to end up back at the top. This is a VERY longstanding bug. Please fix it.
On the positive, i am pleased to see pretty patterns reappeared in my layered fields. Cheers.
1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.
2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)
3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when charging.
4. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen.
5. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.
6. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.
7. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should.
8. When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.
9. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.
10. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.
11. COMMs now don't go to the last activity, seem to be stuck at the beggining of a previous day. I have to manually scroll down, but when I exit COMMs and go back in, I'm again somewhere in the middle and not in the most recent activity.
12. Incorrect photo zoom/view. Keys don't properly show portrait photos, full screen photos don't properly show landscape photos. Also, Redacted had ability to rotate screen when viewing photos so both landscape and portrait photos can be viewed full screen.
13. Can't reply to a player of the same faction in Cross-faction COMMs just by selecting Reply option. It goes to Faction COMMs, and selecting Cross-faction removes @<agent name>. Have to copy agent's name in Faction COMMs and then paste it to Cross-faction COMMs
14. Drone view doesn't show all the portals in the vicinity - some portals are not visible even though they are the same distance or closer to drone than other portals that are visible. There were tests done by users about it, but official info would be nice about how drone is supposed to work.
15. When going into portals that are close to the edge of the screen and then going out, those portals disappear from view. If they have links on them, I can still see all the links converging at one point, but portal is no longer visible.
1. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.
2. Is it possible to get rid of "It has been XX hours since your last login. I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK, but I never understood the point of it.
3. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.
4. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?
5. No portal navigation like in Redacted.
1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.
2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.
3. Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.
4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.
5. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.
So, did you guys stop the rollout or something? Still no update available in the AppStore.
Been getting sent to the freezer and forced to reboot if the portal I want to link out if has too many choices.
android is just as slow...
Seeing the plethora of issues with this release, I wouldn't be surprised they stopped the rollout...
Guess we'll have to wait another week
I'm gonna put my two cents worth in here. (((((Please fix Comm)))))
comm needs so badly fixed, same with the link issue... 2 critical bugs to fix iwonder when ? its been reported so many times and long now....
Well it’s going to be a while. The bugs in this release are bad enough to warrant delay. I do wonder why these things are not being detected in a closed beta release. Makes me wonder if the devs even play their own game...
I have a question.
If I delete the Ingress account, will the Pokemon Go account linked to the same email be deleted? Or is the Pokemon Go account linked to the same email safe after only the Ingress account will be deleted?
The Android update rollout seems to be slower than usual or is the update on hold?
Yeah, we’ll get a sorry and thanks for the heads up (about the new bugs) and we’ll be waiting a few more weeks :D
Well. I uninstalled 2.55.1 and installed 2.54 from apk. What can i say...
Recharge in 2.55 is so damn slow. Firstly they break balance with itoen-,then with vr/axa nerf,now with charging. Seems to be even more disbalance to attackers,which is not correct
Next,how about removing "xm reserves...scanner online good work" audioasset? Simply sound about how many xm percent is enough.
Then,notifications and language...i don't care about iOs users because they've got native selection,and i'm not gonna buy any iOs device. I need notification sound selection(as it was in 1.**) and language selection(also as it was in 1.**). Stop building the same(excepting passcodes). Language selector - i need that just to see attack alerts grouped with name of attacker(as in English) not the spammy thing as in for example Russian. Maybe also about MU amount in COMM.
Then,rarity of builds. Why not one per month not one per two weeks?
Then,about beta? How about google store beta channel for those who want? Not for those who you choose as was in alphatest of Prime,but for those who know what is adb logcat as an example. Or even without store,direct link on server?
Then,about safetynet and twrp/root check. Don't you know that it can be bypassed easily,so this ridiculous "defence" just wastes few seconds of launch-time and cpu resources? And as an alternative,we can't launch ingress without s****y Google services(microG can't due yo safetynet),even if we use only Facebook login.
Oh,and drone,i told before,it is laggy.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ running Android 10 on Verizon. I have been scanning portals with no problems until around the time of this update. Now when I enter the menu, the "scan a portal" option is missing. Has anyone else had this problem?
maybe because niantic is on holidays this week?
Charging portals was my preferred way to use APEX during these times. I guess I'll have to hold off buying more if 2.55.1 made charging painfully slow.
@DSkatauri, I appreciate your feedback. May I ask how were you able to obtain the latest update before most of us?
We've started the iOS release so Agents on iOS 14 beta should see the update for 2.55.1 on App Store shortly. Ingress should no longer crash on app start with iOS 14.0 (18A5373a), which should be the latest available beta 8 release.
We've been working to address the COMM issues but, as you're aware, our speculative fixes haven't resolved this. Thank you for your patience while we continue to work on this issue.
So my overall boot time hasn't changed to getting to the map, however now instead of getting the ingress logo before the map loads, my screen is completely black for about 4-6 seconds, then quickly flashes the ingress logo as the map loads.
Ahora con la actualización, demora más de lo normal cargar el juego.
Anyone else find that this patch fixed both the starting location of chat and the chat bugging out and jumping you back to where you first started?
Worthy of mention in patch notes if this was fixed on purpose.
same for me, it loads faster but u still have to wait several seconds and more for the portals to actually load up, is this intended @NianticBrian ?
My launch time seems faster on whole, on my Pixel 2XL, but I do see the black screen for a few seconds.
Yeah I was excited to see the fast load time but I just awkwardly waited for the portals to load.
Just appeared for me in the iOS App store, I wonder why the long delay?
Same as always? It's released on a slow rollout on Android, they make sure there's no issues, then when they're sure, they enable full rollout on Android and iOS.
Right now they probably aren't getting the same played hours as before the pandemic, in that first week, so it takes a bit longer to get the confidence.
Well, at least they're supporting iOS 14, it's coming out today for everyone.
@NianticOfficial SInce 2.55, after pressing the Portal Scan recorder button to stop recording, the cancel button is displayed in the same location on-screen. This has lead me to inadvertently press cancel - pretty poor UI experience.
@NianticBrian Scaner down now.🤷🤷