Two accounts with two phones

quirischaquirischa ✭✭✭✭

Hello!

Tell me, please, how to properly write a complaint about a person who plays with two accounts on two phones? The usual complaint with a short explanation did not help.

Or maybe something had changed, and such a game is no longer a violation of the rules, huh?

Comments

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe in writing, it’s against the rules. Per my personal observations, as of late, it appears as if this type behavior seems to be okay. Yes, I’m being facetious due to frustrations I share with many other agents.

• It may help to include a location, portal link and date/time/timezone of the incident in your reports. And yes, it's still a violation to play with more than one account.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

I understand that this is frustrating. I do understand that Niantic will not share the aftermath of my report, but I do want to hear how the general picture goes. I only recall the 3-strike-out policy and a ban on 3rd party item sellers. A bit of numbers, i.e. How many account banned, will be a bit helpful.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

all u can do is report. if niantic will do something ? i dont know..... they even said themself that multi acc is hard to prove because u are not allowed to take pictures of other agents as its against TOS so i dont know how to provide niantic evidence like in your case other then report that u know for 100% they have multiple accs...

• Simply put, keep reporting new incidents where they are using both accounts at once. Eventually it does work, when there's enough circumstantial evidence to prove it beyond reasonable doubt. You just need to keep providing evidence.

• quirischaquirischa ✭✭✭✭

It is difficult for me to understand what evidence I have to provide in a complaint. I obviously will not run after this person and photograph him! This is a violation of privacy.

But at the same time, I once happened to meet him.

- Hello, are you Lianit81?

- Yes it's me.

- You play with two accounts.

- That's right.

- This is a violation of the rules.

- I know.

AND? What's next?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

just report it to niantic what u know etc... they can maybe track some info in their systems which we dont see, hopefully those that have more then 1 acc triggers something and they fall in the trap... But its hard to see difference between a couple with one account and phone each vs, a single player and 3 accounts but something must be done about this.... legit players only stop play when those with multiple accs can play without any penalties.....

Nope, another report didn't help, both accs are still available.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

Did niantic ever warned / banned someone for multiaccounting ?

It's against tos in pogo too but the old guy with his 96+ pogo account / phone on a bike is still there while being on newspapers several times a year 🤣

• Mr. Chen has 64 phones with eight vacant mounts that are awaiting "corporate sponsorship."

• Hahaha, same here. But nothing to happen for cheating if i'm report it.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Reporting over and over works. But it can take up to 100 reports.

Mr Chen makes good advertising so seems to get away with it :(

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

Every report I have ever made with the standard report system goes nowhere. Reports through Trusted Reporter systems, version 1.0 and version 2.0, have had a greater than 75% "success" rate. I am the same reporter, see the same patterns, it's just one is auto-closed, and one is taken seriously.

The last report I made was someone using <AgentName>1 to attack a portal, and when they failed, they switched to <AgentName>2 to Jarvis it. They then continued playing <AgentName>2. Both tickets were auto closed, and both accounts still active.

Before that, I reported an account that was leveling up on the National Mall (Washington DC), using portals well inside the museums. All the museums were closed at that time for COVID. Even when the museums are open, most agents are not able to capture all the portals, because of drift caused by the old building's metalwork and stone.

The National Mall is often used to level up accounts, accounts get to 7 or 8, and then go into hibernation to be used later. This account stopped right at level 8, and then was never seen again.

These are just the latest examples. We see spoofing and multi-accounting all the time. We don't even bother reporting multi-accounting though, since it's a 0% success rate, regardless of reporting method.

• I often wonder if Niantic even has the resources to actively track inventory movements, etc. Spoof keys moved between accounts, resos & bursters moved between accounts, rampant win-trading... And no bans.

Out of about 10 separate win trading / multi incidents reported since February - only 1 full ban, 2 bans on the spoofing multis (for spoofing likely & not for multiple accounts coz the mains are still around and have been very active the whole time), and the rest are still playing with themselves.

Also, putting names/igns out on the forum/public... 👎️

• Niantic has a system to track every item's source at least, because when a spoof account is destroyed, every item in an inventory regardless of where, is destroyed. Tracking every item through every hand might be a bit much for a free game running on minimal hardware.

At the beginning of the year, a spoofer appeared in our area. My faction comrades and I regularly reported him. And it took us 3 months to get him banned by Niantic. It was an outspoken spoofer, he didn't walk, only flyed. How long it takes to ban an intruder who "legally" plays with two phones - I can't even imagine.

edited September 2020

This time I described to support about my meeting with him, about the fact that the routes are repeated, and about the case when his twink account was not given a MD badge, but still the report did not bring any results. Looks like I am banging my head against a brick wall :(

You absolutely are banging your head against a brick wall. I mean, there just isn't a way to prove it, right? Even if they did allow photographic evidence, one could just set that up and say, it's so and so, but it was actually someone else. Meaning, it could easily be abused. In my opinion, it's a waste of time reporting. Canned response from Lambert, just like any other request or complaint you put in.

• You have to provide proof - and you didn't. And you can't, unfortunately.

Of course you're right. This is a pointless exercise. But playing against a cheater has even less sense for me. It's easier to stop playing at all.

I don’t disagree, at all. In all reality, what is the solution? The only option I see is being called out and hoping their local faction will outcast them and hope they’ll stop. That’s if they’re even part of their local community. Otherwise, it’s clear Niantic can’t or won’t do anything about it, so we’re kinda stuck...