Subscription idea - Season pass

PixelbytesPixelbytes ✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in App Feedback (Archive)

Just an idea that's discussed in IUENG discussion which I'll like to share in the community forums.

One of the way ingress can attract agents to spend in ingress is by implementing a season pass system. (Think like fortnite, fall guys or games that has season pass) Each season will be 1 month of duration.

There maybe variation in ideas for season pass:

Variation 1:

For each season, agents will require to complete a set of tasks or event.

Objectives like:

• Hack a portal for X days in a row
  • Collect X amount of XM
  • Destroy X amount of resonators
  • Create X control fields
  • Obtain X mu count

Season Pass holder:

Completing the tasks, agents may be rewarded the following items:

• Exclusive Season Pass medal for completing this season challenge
  • Cosmetic items (Agent avatar/Glyphs images/profile icon images/sound packs/scanner skins)
  • In game cash items (CMUs/Normal Beacon/Apex etc).

Normal Agents

Completing the tasks, Agents may be rewarded the following for participating the event:

• Loadout items (X8s,R8s,Mods etc)
  • Normal tier medal
  • Cosmetic items (Glyphs images/profile icon images)

This tier rewards is also available for those for paid for season pass.

Variation 2:

For each season, agents will compete in a global challenge event. (Similar to Aurora Glyph challenge/Myriad unique hack challenge)

Season Pass holder:

Season pass holder will have access to a global challenge scoreboard which will track their stats and compete in the global/cell scoreboard.

By being the top (let's say 10-30% for example) of the challenge, agents may be reward the following items:

• Exclusive badges based on their ranking in the leaderboard
  • Cosmetic items (Agent avatar/Glyphs images/profile icon images/sound packs/scanner skins)
  • In game cash items (CMUs/Normal Beacon/Apex etc).

Normal Agents

By completing the event requirements, Agents may be rewarded the following for participating the event

• Normal tier medal (Bronze/Silver/Gold) - Similar to Nemesis global event tier medals
  • Loadout items (X8s,R8s,Mods etc)
  • Cosmetic items (Glyphs images/profile icon images)

This tier rewards is also available for those for paid for season pass.

For the price of the season pass, I feel that the price of 5 USD might be reasonable (Feel free to suggest how much you will want to pay for this)

With that said, feel free to give feedback on this idea or some variation of this season pass.

Credit goes to the IUENG group discussion(I do not take full credit on this)

Post edited by Pixelbytes on
Tagged:

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Some good ideas maybe niantic will consider it. As it is now the shop is not so interesting, frackers too expensive now, beacons u dont really wanna buy no character badges etc... Only thing is the apex mods those are ok.... So yeah they need offer more then this to get ppl spend more money somehow.

• Unless the medals are separated out like Missions, it's going to be another padder for profiles. We already have too many medals and no way to separate them.

The other real issue I see with this is that Season Passes usually involve a whole pile of content, in this case special glyphs, avatars, and other cosmetic items. Currently Ingress is running at a loss, so if the season pass work costs more than the funds gained from the season pass, it doesn't even begin to address the existing running costs that aren't being covered.

Dial back the "what I get" to non-monetary items (no frackers, apex, CMU) and at most one cosmetic item for the paid pass, and maybe it'll make a profit. Otherwise, its a good plan if Ingress was breaking even on running costs, but I doubt this would break even itself right now.