ChiEnl & UCR Fundraiser for My Block, My Hood, My City

chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

On June 6, 2020, ChiEnl and UCR jointly released a statement in support of Black Lives Matter. Social action takes many forms including participating in protests, making donations to social justice organizations and advocacy groups, and volunteering in support of allied causes. In our June statement, we stated that we would have a matching donation campaign.

Today, we announce that through the end of September, UCR and ChiEnl have each pledged $500 in matching funds for donations to My Block, My Hood, My City , a Chicago organization that provides "underprivileged youth with an awareness of the world and opportunities beyond their neighborhood" and takes "students on explorations focused on STEM, Arts & Culture, Citizenry & Volunteerism, Health, Community Development, Culinary Arts, and Entrepreneurism."

Please join us in supporting My Block, My Hood, My City by making a contribution at https://www.gofundme.com/f/chicago-xfac-donation-matching and stand with us again united against injustice.

- ChiEnl & UCR

Comments

• Asking for donations for anything should be kept on Reddit.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@chibri Will you match a donation that's made through a mechanism other than your GoFundMe page if I provide a receipt?

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

Definitely! (Though wouldn't it be extra awesome if we hit the full amount on GFM, too?) You know how to get the receipt to me. 🙂

• What is DARVO?

You are clearly here to push your political agenda, maybe you should stay 'retired', especially since you are 'applauding' 5+ year agents being banned for 'wrong think'

The smart gaming companies are staying out the politics, they are acting like hot dog vendors. They just want to sell hot dogs / entertainment.

Gaming is meant as an escape from politics

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

Seems some are weaponizing the Flag button? I wish people wouldn't. Trying to have a conversation here.

Someone said @cheatch told me to resign as a Vanguard? I retired on Labor Day weekend... in 2019. I didn't do a big post about it here or anywhere, though many people in many chats were aware. I had told Niantic that I would be done not long after my (self-inflcited) Abaddon Prime Chicago duties were complete... and then I stuck around a few weeks longer until the next round of Vanguards was announced. Welcome to a year ago, bud.

• Well, I been censored, so our conversation is over chibri.

I wish you all the best, I can disagree with organizations and people, and I do not take it personal.

I had a lot of fun at Chicago Pokemon GoFest last year, and wish Chicago all the best.