Joe Philley Thread

cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in General

This has bothered me for a long time, let's fix it.

For those who do not know, Joe Philley was the first / best community manager of Ingress. Unfortunately, he 'retired' about 5 years ago. He is gone but not forgotten.

Most of the posts / pictures of him was lost with G+.

This dance video is from Portland Persepolis in June 2015 has always brought a smile to my face when I watch it.

I propose a picture / story dump in this post about Delta102

Comments

• I remember someone told me he build cars for the movie Mad Max: Fury Road, that picture does look like one of the vehicles in it.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I remember him saying that this was part of the Waterworld set but I could easily be misremembering. And yes, I'm pretty sure you are right about Mad Max. If I'm piecing the story together correctly from my memory Joe and the other guy who owned this place built cars for that movie. The other guy also is heavily involved a Burning Man style Mad Max themed event every year called Wasteland Weekend. https://www.wastelandweekend.com/

My memory is fuzzy on some of this.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

He once cheated by using his influence to get a legit portal removed so blockers would go down for an op he was working.

• Joe gave me this card in August 2015 at Gen Con Mission Day.

I want to say he had an earlier bio card

I think someone from Nashville made him this set of cards

This picture of him is at Recursion 2014 anomaly in front of the Parthenon

This is one of my Delta102 portal keys, I have a few more. (Not scout controlled yet? Nashville is slacking)

At the time (June 20 2015) and during that dance video Nashville Persepolis was going on, which I was at.

A lot of agents from Nashville say Nashville was his favorite city

I remember someone was selling a Field Trip Day (kinda like a Mission Day) swag kit which they had in Nashville. I haven't found much other information about Field Trip Day

• Do you know where / when this was?

Think this is the first picture I seen of him without a beard / mustache, interesting

Here's video of him at the first anomaly (Jan 2013) and he has a mustache. Also, I think its possible he was using a different account name (other than Delta102) and it was green. The scanner logs are linked in the video btw.

• cheatch, July 7, 2013 in Lancaster CA.

• This has bothered me for a long time, let's fix it.

I mean... that's a lie. He's got two pages of search results before this thread, going back to June 2019.

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

All Niantic CMs have accounts for both factions.

(edit, typo)

• That would make sense.

I wonder if Joe was using multiple ENL accounts to use his influence cause the uproar and hype up events. It would be hilarious / genius if he influenced the 'Joe is a cheater' campaign on himself.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember one time, when he had capture dates taken off the intel map because his guardian portal was attacked. Gosh what a laugh we all had.

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Like it or not, it did seem Joe created enough controversy which united the ENL. A lot of that unity I see it 5 years later in the ENL.

Did Joe do that on purpose or was that by accident? If he did work in the intelligence community, it would not surprise me if he did that on purpose.

Now what would of been funny is if a NIA executive would of 'fired' him (like how Vince Mcmahon in WWE) and he would come back by some other reason or entity. Joe was a part of the Ingress lore btw. (Didn't he **** the previous NIA chief or something?)