[bug] ENUM_MAP_RESONATOR_FAIL_LOCATION_NOT_SET

During recharge I can see this error ENUM_MAP_RESONATOR_FAIL_LOCATION_NOT_SET.

Seems like value is missing for the key. Probably the error itself is because of GPS drift (often occurred during commute) but this is another issue

Tagged:

Comments

• Yeah I get this error alot too

• I've been experiencing this, but mostly during that special just-woke-up-the-game speedlock.

• Yes I have this error too on iOS 2.33.1

• I also can confirm this bug. It appears randomly. But mostly when I need to boost/charge portals under attack.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Speedlock issue.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Fairly common for me too, on iOS.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen this in bad signal. Android.

• Any official response? Seems like the answer is signal-related, but how so? How can a player prevent this?

Personally, I have full bars and I still get this error, so either way I'd like to get some closure for everyone suffering out there. Thanks.

Lol.

• evildaveevildave ✭✭
    edited September 2020
  • DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

But sometimes this speedlock is annoying. For example: i walked with scanner for ten minutes,with hacking charging etc, then locked screen and went into shop,after approximately ten minutes i went out,unlocked phone,wait few sec to have fixed location and then...okay this "location not set" and also "location inaccurate" appears and in rare cases can stay upto 5 minutes,but if i restart prime - no speedlocks. It's easier to close app and reopen it,yes,but if i walking and there are no poi for 1 km in my direction i have to close and open too and this is annoying.

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

My initial question was just about the strange message itself. Usually people want to see something more meaningful and here its just some internal stuff which I guess serves as a key in some localization resource. And the localization itself is missing. This looks like nobody is actually concerned with the app quality...

But the speedlock is also an annoying thing :)

• edited September 2020

@NianticBrian Can we please rewrite all speed lock related messages to something meaningful?

"Location Inaccurate, cannot complete action"

"ENUM_MAP_RESONATOR_FAIL_LOCATION_NOT_SET"

To:

"Temporal relocation circuit in on cooldown, please wait before next action."

(or words to that effect)

The first message is lying, since the location is accurate, it just changed too fast. And the second message isn't even a decently named enum, let alone an appropriate error message.