Ingress 2.55.1 Release Notes

What’s New

• Portal Scanning has been updated to remove the encoding screen to make scanning Portals faster, and we also reduced Portal Scan file sizes to make uploads faster, too.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed: Blank Portal Keys tab when recharging Portals via Portal Keys.

• Fixed: Memory leak when scrolling Portal Keys on Android.

• Fixed: Softlock and overlapping UI on Portal Nominations.

• Fixed: Double “X” close buttons on Dronenet.

• Fixed: iOS 14 beta 6 crash on app start. Please note that iOS and Android OS betas aren’t officially supported, but this release fixes this issue. You may need to allow Ingress access to iOS 14’s new Precise Location permission via the iOS Settings menu.

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

>Portal Scanning has been updated to remove the encoding screen to make scanning Portals faster, and we also reduced Portal Scan file sizes to make uploads faster, too.

Thank the gods, every reduction to the scanning process is appreciated. Now if only we could upload scans in the background without having Ingress open... 👀

How will it work now? You finish your scan, select to upload immediately or later and then encoding starts in the background?

• no Ui update :(

• Great, but 60 fps mode will be greatest

• NaruwasherNaruwasher ✭✭✭✭✭

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Reduce Scout Controller tier requirements.

Looking forward to the update. I really hope that the portal scan size is significantly reduced with the update that you can actually tell the difference rather than a marginal change.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
  • GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Undocumented feature. Ingress will appear in you Niantic shared games

We still need to know how scans will be used, this is a legal requirement.

And will enable players to make more informed decisions if certain scans are allowed by in their region

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I am pleased though that significant effort has been made to shrink scans.

This should enable (legal) scans to be uploaded on mobile data

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Nothing about drone "not seeing target portal". Nothing about " missing notification". Nothing even about notification select. No language selection at all... No option to choose "lower" quality of default (low/high) or "9999+fps quadhd" :))) only auto-selection depending on ram. But a fixes about scan (i know a lot of agents but only few scan and only few of them are dedicated to scan). And still seems to be not-merged release. And again passcodes in store pasting errors of unity not codes).

Anyway,hope that "fixed memory leak on recharge" thing will help).

Have a good rest,friends,we have a really great Game because of your work:)

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a maintenance update, as all Niantic staff will be having mental break for a week in a few days

https://nianticlabs.com/en/blog/wellness-week-september2020/

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

But,fixed mem leak on recharge is a good news. Last time when "app optimised work on low signal" it also reduced +-5 mb size of an standalone apk so seems some junk in code was detected,so about this release,it's not only "maitenance", i hope:)

• Can you please put a counter on the portal scans?

Scans: 20

Uploaded: 3 of 20

it is so annoying to not know how many have to upload or how many have uploaded.

• NaruwasherNaruwasher ✭✭✭✭✭

Scans that fail to upload should not be subtracted from the total remaining scans. You realize the users are losing scans this way, right @NianticBrian ? I did 200 scans today and got credit for only 196. Lost 4 due to upload failed error. I have lost 16 in total so far due to errors on your end. Fix it, please.

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

There's a new bug, the codename of the Scout Controller of a portal isn't displayed anymore

When opening the portal info, it quickly shows the Recursed flair on the place and then changes to "is Scout Controller: x Scout Points" without the agent codename.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

I'm going to downgrade from 2.55 back to 2.54.

I don't need scanning features since I don't scan, and the bug with slow map loading on startup is critical to me.

Hopefully you don't force 2.55 during this and the next week.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Doubt this one will rollout to everyone. Seeing the new issues, I guess it's better to just stop rollout, fix the new issues and try again. Shame, I was looking forward to finally running the public beta of iOS 14, along with the WatchOS beta. Ah well.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that makes sense. The update is not available yet in the Appstore, so you can't be running the new version that fixes this...

• Any chance that when I want to sort my keys by name, that it would hold that setting for at least the session? That to me would be a good use of programmers time. Or let me set a default sort order and select the other if I want it?

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

I downgraded back to 2.54 and the Earth zooms in to a fully loaded map. Feels great. I'll stay with 2.54 until 2.55 is forced (hopefully it's not).

• Always nice to see some optimisations.

Can we have the same for portal nominations now please? Including background uploading so we can continue to play while submitting?

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Glyph-hacking sometimes can lag in this release. Also,i've noticed on yesterday ifs that recharge is much slower that it was,for example from pushing "recharge" button you can wait few seconds then it will recharge,the same with powercubes use,