New Missions Submission Backlog

Not sure if the reviews of new missions are being put on hold or the reviewers are just on a holiday, but I have not been getting any responses from my submissions recently.

Date submitted: 2nd August 2020

Today's date: 16th August 2020

Time lapse: 14 days

Is anyone from Niantic looking at this? Cause it takes time and effort to design + submit and if missions don't get reviewed, it doesn't get published and agents won't get to do them. Also, there are less mission authors than mission do-ers.

CC: @NianticBrian @NianticCasey

Comments

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

i created my first banner ever on 8 aug. 2020. I'm very excited to see if it will all get through. So probably i have to wait till september ?

Does the queue also works like wayspots reviews? like some area's are in limbo, other are processed faster?

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

So far, since getting access I've made a 1 off mission that took 5 days to get approved and a 6-part banner that's had 1/6 approved after 4 days, 3/6 4/6 and 5/6 approved after 9 days, leaving 2/6 and 6/6 still in review... given that I submitted all parts within about 10 minutes of each other, so I guess the answer to your question "Does the queue also works like wayspots reviews?" is yes... we have also have no idea how this works either!

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

I believe they are on holidays, so they can't review us.

• TheAuraStormTheAuraStorm ✭✭✭✭

Niantic has said that the next global challenge, Optima, would likely be Trekker or unique missions completed, both of which would encourage agents to make banners / mosaics.

I’ve encouraged my communities to make missions for the above, so that adds to the amount that Niantic are reviewing, plus new people have been granted access by the new login update, so that will increase the backlog.

• It's not like this before July FS. Usually, it only takes 1-3 days before it had a decision (No decision had been released on Saturday and Sunday, probably not working hours).

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

My last new mission review was July 31

My last edit review was Aug 11

Seems like there have been no new mission reviews in August

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

I had new missions approved on 7th and 12th August.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe less ppl approve now holidays or something ?

• SnwappleSnwapple ✭✭✭

On July, I submitted a banner of an August festival but already August is almost gone...

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

haaah Ok 🙈 first mission of 18 approved. i hope next ones will follow quickly now.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Just submitted a 24 mission banner this evening. Commenting here and will report back when they start being approved.

• CesparCespar ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Not submitted a mission for a while so unsure whats going on for this. Hope they're processed soon!

• Still no news, nor missions approved...

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

expect no news this week they are on holiday niantic.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

My missions are slowly being approved, but not notifications at all.

• I have submitted two banners a month ago (Aug 08), now I see one mission was approved on Sep 03, but I haven't received any email notification ...

• I got 3 missions approved but no e-mail. This is from 8th August submissions. I have a huge backlog still and waiting again to see if @NianticBrian @NianticAustin can let us know what is going on. 2nd August submissions still has no response.

It's already a pain submitting missions. With this long wait times, don't think I will bother submitting missions in the next month's anymore.