About Aegis Shields

To help me understand whats going and possibly others in the future.

In my small town there is a player for many years that must have hundreds of aegis shields, because he will place them on almost all the portals he holds. Im always ultra striking them down and up they go with the aegis again. Must be at least a hundred this year alone . Surely more

my point:

How can a single person aquire that many aegis? Myself i have probably only hacked 10 in years of hacking and passcodes dont drop them. Maybe once...

How can i get the same seemingly inexhaustable supply of aegis shields?

What can i do?

Comments

• kireankirean ✭✭✭

Hack and Glyph everything, hack all day long

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

It is likely that this player is just buying them.

• You can buy?

• You can hack hundreds of aegis like this in short period of time?

How long to get 100?

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

the most unfortunate thing is that any player can buy them. Personally, I am against this course of things.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

from third party websites which is illegal and against the TOS.. i doubt this player can hack that much aegis.. not like they drop so often... or he has tons of bot accounts that farms portals 24/7-....

• Yes.. but i tried to report.. but nothing changed.

If he was reported and playing illegally... why not banned?

I assumed not banned because he was really able to aquire that many.

I dont know what to do... :-/

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

I for once hacked 40 Aegis/2 weeks but that was coupled with intense gameplay I was mad to do during these COVID days. The question is simple: Does the opposing agent hack that much? Consider the followings too: Is he/she a longtime player? (By anniversary medals) Does the agent play at least 150k per day? (based on my experience, this much usually gets me 4~5 VRPS or Aegis) Or is the hacker stats high enough? You can at least track their AP. If that matches, what you are experiencing may happen. If not, I am with our fellow agents above: He/She might be using backpacks or 3rd party services.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

Let's try not to jump before any conclusions. Answer some questions first:

-Does he has any coach portal?

-How many players does it faction have? That person maybe is borrowing from other faction members.

-Is he connected with other players?

• InerasIneras ✭✭✭

What proof did you provide in your report?

Are you aware that Very Rare items were duplicated in Quantum Capsules until December 2018? Ask around and you'll find agents who own hundreds of ITO EN Transmuters, Aegis Shields, flip cards, etc. How they store those items is a question for another thread.

Dedicated farms boosted with Frackers before the burnout was reverted could yield a handful or more Aegis shields per hour. If you've only hacked 10 in years, you should seriously consider learning how to gylph hack.

• Thank you for the advice.

I will try harder

• If you play alot and hack a lot you get a lot of gear. Most serious layers nowadays get 40 to 60 million AP per year. And I guess close to 100k glyph hack points. So you will end up with hundreds of Aegis per year.

if that player plays a lot or at least hacks a lot - no sign of foul play. If it is a new P10 account with hardly any hacks to his name - then you are likely correct to assume the player illegally purchases gear. Or maybe was given gear by others of his faction to make your life tough.

• Or may be getting from someone who doesn't use Aegis Shields.

• kireankirean ✭✭✭
  • DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

How about L8(?) farm with itoen+?

Maybe that person had backpack with mufg's full of axa. Then mufg became quantum trashcan without replication of vr,and strong axa became weak aegis.

And one more thing to look,aegis cannot be obtained via passcodes,but vrps can. So if that person will use vr+r shield combination OR two vr each Portal,and there are no itoen+ farms nearby,that will look more strange.

Also i suggest you farm some (few hundred) low-level US and annoy that bad actor by silently-removing his aegis shields. You see,L1 US is much easier to be farmed than aegis,and if that user want to throw money to wind,let him :)))

• @DSkatauri .... maybe that other person just hacks a lot? No reason to immediately assume they either buy or have backpack accounts. I have 200+ Aegis on me and I am not even playing that hard at the moment. Also 2020 had no anomalies. So some anomaly players who normally save the aegis maybe swimming in them now. No details were presented which indicated that any foul play happened.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Backpacks also affect this matter, not sure about the Aegis Hack rate but pretty sure that if one agent gets X in Y time, 3 agents get 3X in Y time.

Therefore, odds are that either this agent is buying them or using several accounts to get them. COVID19 bonuses are to be taken in mind aswell, gameplay frequency, real numbers upon usage, etc.

And even if this is obvious cheating, Niantic rarely punishes these actions, only the black market related ones.

• Your assumption with X and Y and 3x and 3Y only is correct if the 3X are hacking as much and as efficient as the single X.

without knowing the agents in question hacking and glyph hacking stats, you cannot really say if that agent would get that many Aegis or not.

We can assume all agents in X are hacking as much and as efficient since we assumed it's the same person all the time, otherwise it wouldn't be a backpack!

• WikiBlueWikiBlue ✭✭✭

Indeed.

60 million ap per year isn't even that hard, in a high turnover area i would consider it nothing more than just regular gameplay. Collecting 50 to 100 Aegis in a year isn't that strange, if you keep on hacking every portal you see that's absolutely possible.Maybe it is an old player who always saved them but now just throws them out like regular shields because his inventory is getting to small (and aegis had a serious nerve).

• @GoblinGranate what you say makes no sense.

Either X is one player .... in which case him and his 2 backpack account would have roughly 1/3 of what that single player hacks.

or 3X are three individual players which all hack more or less the same and hence have more or less the same gear.

and you do not even consider that X1 could be hacking much more by themselves than X2 and X3 together.

without watching glyph and hack stats you cannot conclude that anybody is buying gear or using a backpack account.

As I mentioned, real numbers are to be taken in consideration, but if you got 1 player hacking and burning X farms, then swithcing to a backpack and also burning them, then doing the same one las time, we got 3 accounts doing the same action by the same player and therefore 3X output (roughly, ofc). How this inventory is handled later is another topic, but the point is that we will end up with 3X Aegis.

Now, for the case, it matters a lot what X is like, I've seen there are some comments about "a year worth" and if that is the X then sure you don't need backpacks for that! I've always exceeded the 150 milestone when anomalies were a thing and Aegis were AXA.

I understand we are speaking on a daily basis, otherwise I don't even get how OP dares to complain :D

5 Aegis a day? Affordable. 10? Would need to check upon specific actuvity, but also affordable. 20? Don't think so... 20 Aegis a day is just 10 portals "Aegised" a day, are we moving in these numbers? More? Less?

Please, this is just math, not dark magic.

• You are immediately assuming that the player is using backpack account for burning out some farms? Where does that come from?

You can have 1000 Aegis in one account and still got plenty inventory spare to play with one account. If it is just for storing Aegis there is no sign that backpack accounts are used.

unless you regularly observe that player dropping themselves capsules or Aegis being deployed by some unknown player always on the same portal.

• In less than 2 months for me. I hack a lot that I give Quantum Capsules away as well in pre-Virtual IFS

Which makes 2 Aegis per day, that is very affordable for a single agent.

Does this answer OP question? @CactusJab