Level of Play

When I first started this game I was into just the technical play of it but later I learned about the Lore behind it and became curious in that regard. I have seen the extremes at both ends of the spectrum of die hard players to dire hard lore followers and I am just curious ...

What level of play do you treat Ingress?

Is this just a game to you or is it a deep story that you follow all the rabbit holes into?

Comments

• I'm interested in learning more about the lore but am a bit nervous of the time investment... I'll probably leave it for a few years and maybe take that up in retirement.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

The lore doesn't significantly impact what goes on at the micro, down to the neighborhood, level.

Dealing with opposing agents you know and don't like for any number of reasons causes more grief than any story related twists.

Maybe it's time for plot to take a heavier hand in day to day actions.

• It's just a game for me, but when the other faction keeps attacking my farm I take it little more serious and invest more time.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

I play at the level of, "Wait, what? There's a storyline?!"

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

I started playing back in August 2019, and discovered the Lore side almost immediately, less than a month later. Since then I play with Lore in mind, in multiple groups for Lore and faction-based Decode groups, and have WAYYY too many fun (and frustrating) experiences just in the Nemesis series to count. For me, the Lore was a way to explore Ingress in a different way, as well as do something interactive and with other people when COVID hit. I actually do like the Lore and storyline being played within and outside the Scanner, it gets quite immersive, fascinating, and confusing the more you learn and explore.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

I vaguely follow the storyline, certainly only to a basic level.

To me the fun is the game and going to new places.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

i play since 2012, i followed lore more when it was ingress reports with susanna moyer.. now todays not so much sadly it doesnt feel so interesting follow the lore outside scanner :/