Thanks for making low signal areas possible to play in again. I'm curious as to whether there are plans to include Adventure Sync in the game. It's somewhat disappointing to realize that in the same length of time it took me to log 5500 miles on my Fitbit, I have only logged 1500km in Ingress.
Definitely not fixed.
Video uploads are not allowed here, but I have them for before and after many instances where it happens.
I find it is pretty easy to reproduce, since I play for about 2 hours a day and I get 2-3 obvious cases in that time. There are also cases where the portal is off the range of the scanner that are not so obvious, and those can be easily missed unless you know the portal is linkable and check that you have the key. In fact, yesterday I knew I should be able to make a link, restarted, and it showed that link and another visibly obscured link available that I had missed.
Tonight in a 15 minute walk, was able to easily have the issue and I made before and after restart videos like I have been doing. And I am running the new version.
Are there no logs we can send? If the changes to the key cache are logged during the session and then we could send the log where the key is not available at the first link attempt and then the log after restart where the key does show as available, and then you should be able to pinpoint the event which emptied the cache prematurely or whatever.
Or maybe put back in the force sync so we don't have to wait so long for the restart process.
Could the comm be reverted to the previous bug Wich it keep refreshing to bottom? It was less annoying than manually scrolling it down to see recent events everytime.
A quick button to instant reach the bottom and top would be also really appreciate.
The quick buttons would be much appreciated.
game down now😯😯😯🤷 @NianticBrian
Can we have an option to get the old click sound back?
Please include changes to scanner stats field names in your release notes.
old name: Scout Controller on Unique Portals
new name: Uniques Scout Controlled
old name: Furthest Drone Flight Distance
new name: Furthest Drone Distance
old name: Agents Successfully Recruited
new name: Agents Recruited
@NianticBrian Is there someplace to provide the videos, or extract logs for your QA/test lead? I can reproduce the problem any day in basic small field repairs. Shall I just keep recording before and after videos for each time it happens each day or is there something more I can provide. It's simplest to reproduce with overthrowing more than 8 links out of a portal, but lately, it's not even necessary to do that.
For me the fundamental flaw here is that server does not seem to have knowledge of when the burster was fired, only when it was received. Why not just include a timestamp with each burster and then this problem/exploit would seem to not be an issue?
And unique scout controller
These release notes are incomplete.
2.53.2 fixes very annoying key scrolling lag when portal images were not cached. Hopefully this stays fixed in subsequent releases.
@NianticBrian Version 2.53.2
Burster stacking - Was in low signal area last night. Bursters still stack. I had data connection, but very slow, and could stack up bursters then they all started to fire off rapidly after a delay.
Concur with key linking issue, have had cases where you cannot link even though key available and portal clear line. (Unsure if this still happens).
Inventory, keys, sort by name, cannot seem to select it. However it does toggle (if you go back then in again, name is selected as sort style, but then no keys show).
Bad lag on recharge still. This seems device specific? (As some of my opponents certainly can fast charge against me).
@NianticBrian two questions, first is a bug:
@NianticBrian Why haven't there been major updates to the game for so long with new content added????
The updates also needs the comm fixed. Its worse now then its ever been. This is very important part of playing the game. Please fixes this as soon as possible. Very annoying. One time it starts off at the start of the day and then to next time it works normal...
To Client-ingress prime application
Not logged in via facebook.
And it remains as in the screenshot.
Via Google Normal
comm scroll i wonder when will get fixed? still broken this version..
1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.
2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)
3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when charging.
4. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen.
5. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.
6. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.
7. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should.
8. When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.
9. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.
10. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.
11. COMMs now don't go to the last activity, seem to be stuck at the beggining of a previous day. I have to manually scroll down, but when I exit COMMs and go back in, I'm again somewhere in the middle and not in the most recent activity.
12. Incorrect photo zoom/view. Keys don't properly show portrait photos, full screen photos don't properly show landscape photos. Also, Redacted had ability to rotate screen when viewing photos so both landscape and portrait photos can be viewed full screen.
13. Can't reply to a player of the same faction in Cross-faction COMMs just by selecting Reply option. It goes to Faction COMMs, and selecting Cross-faction removes @<agent name>. Have to copy agent's name in Faction COMMs and then paste it to Cross-faction COMMs
14. Drone view doesn't show all the portals in the vicinity - some portals are not visible even though they are the same distance or closer to drone than other portals that are visible.
15. When going into portals that are close to the edge of the screen and then going out, those portals disappear from view. If they have links on them, I can still see all the links converging at one point, but portal is no longer visible.
1. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.
2. Is it possible to get rid of "It has been XX hours since your last login. I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK, but I never understood the point of it.
3. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.
4. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?
5. No portal navigation like in Redacted.
1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.
2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.
3. Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.
4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.
5. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.
Im gonna say it again and again (((PLEASE FIX COMM SO IT DONT SCROLL))))). Very annoying...
Peeps... They ain't listening!
The firts "bug fix" not found, The cheats continue to knock down portals even if they are L8 and they are recharging.